What's new

Omnisat speakers advise (1 Viewer)

KenJB

Auditioning
Hi,
I'm a new member and spent the last couple weeks trying to figure things out and come up with a system that might work best for me. My wife(here we go again)would like small, non obtrusive speakers. I want a good quality surround sound system that will be used for both movies as well as music. I've read a bit about the Mirage Omnisats and they seem to make sense. Our family room is about 22x17. Mirage has a package that includes 5 of the Omnisats and a sub for $1,700. A little steep for me being so new to the hobby, but I want to get it right. One of my concerns is whether I should consider going with something different for the center channel. Another concern is whether or not the sub is any good. It comes with the package and runs about $500. Also, I know this is the speaker forum, but since I'm starting from scratch I also need a receiver and have been considering the Denon AVR 1803. I'd appreciate any advice.

Walt Park

Stunt Coordinator
Well... here's my suggestion. If you've only read about them, go listen to them. I know Tweeter has them usually setup. I listened to them because they're so... different and really didnt like them. These were the smaller ones in the kit. They have others with the ball on top of a tower and such, but since you mentioned the set I'm sticking with those. The room dimentions are not really small, which is another reason I think you might want to look at something else. They sound different in a way I dont really like, but every one is different. If you're really thinking of dropping that much, you owe it to yourself to hear it before you buy it.

As for the reciever, take a look at the receiver/amps/separates forum. There's alot of discussion on the 1803, as well as the onkyo 600, which is also in that class.

Mikey B

Stunt Coordinator
That $1700 sounds very close to full retail. I believe that system retails for exactly $1750. A differing opinion from me: I like them. They are real cool to look at, and they have very flexible placement. They sound pretty darn good too. In fact they sound like a large speaker system. They do not draw attention to themselves at all and even being so small, they blend in with the sub very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks