What's new

Omnimount 20.0 - Speaker wire placement? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Chad Potter
I have placed an order for an Ascend 5.1 speaker setup. I'm going to be using the HTM-200's for surrounds which weigh 8 lbs. I was planning on using the Omnimount 20.0 wall mount. How do you get the speaker wire to the speaker? As far as I can tell, there is no way to conceal the speaker wire with the Omnimount 20.0.

Do I pull the speaker wire near the mount and put in a speaker wall plate? If I do this, will there be enough room to make the connection to the speaker? I think I saw somewhere that there is approximately 4 inches of clearance between the wall and speaker back if using the Omnimount 20.0.

Are there alternatives to the Omnimount 20.0 that would allow for speaker wire concealment? Thanks in advance for the help.

Chad

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
I have a pair of the ceiling mount version of the Omnimount 20's for my deck speakers. You are correct, there is no way to conceal the wire. They do give you some sleeving to put over the wire, but that really doesn't do anything to hide it.

It would be nice if Ascend would come up with a better way of wall mounting the 200s. They are nice and shallow, which is great for surround speakers, but till you mount them using their prefered brackets, they stick out entirely too far.

Paradigm has these little metal brackets they supply with the ADP's. This allows you to mount them absolutely flush on the wall. Those would work great on the Ascends. I tried searching for a source for those, but came up empty. If you can find a way to flush mount them, a double gang electrical box placed in the wall behind the terminal cup makes for a great way to bring the wire through & have enough space for connections. I have my side surround ADPs connected this way. The speaker just seems to float on the wall, no visible wiring.

At any rate, I would skip the wall plates. Why make an unnecessary connection? I use these http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=180-225 to bring the wire through the sheetrock to my rear surrounds which are mounted using BTech 77's. Nice & neat, something a big wall plate is not.

-Dave

Real Name
Chad Potter
If I cannot find a mount to conceal the wires, I will use the item you suggeseted to bring the wires through the sheetrock Dave. Thanks for the help. Chad

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You might try contacting Paradigm directly. Most manufacturers have a parts department where you can order replacement drivers and misc. parts. I’d be surprised if they couldn’t fix you up.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks