What's new

OMG the gloves are off in the UK!!! (1 Viewer)

paul h

Supporting Actor
Now these are what i call bargains...

"No more speculation. Toy 'R' Us has launched a set of console bundles offering frankly mental value in Britain, with other retailer expected to follow suit in the coming weeks. UK gamers jump for joy.

The new bundles come in the wake of Microsoft confirming a pack containing an Xbox, Halo, Splinter Cell, Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT 2002 for 199. Toys 'R' Us went one better today: soon you'll be able to get exactly the same offer with Championship Manager thrown in absolutely gratis. That, chillens, is bloody nuts.

But don't spend those Christmas pounds just yet. The gloves are off. How about a GameCube, Luigi's Mansion, Legends of Wrestling, Extreme G3, Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3, Burnout, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, 18 Wheeler American Pro Trucker, Spider-Man and Zoo Cube for 250? That's 10 games.

Think about that for a second. A boxed GameCube costs £130. So that's 10 games for £120. Using your grade E GCSE maths, you'll soon discover that each game costs £12. You have permission to sh*t the bed.

And although PlayStation 2 hardly needs pushing any harder at the moment due to GTA: Vice City, the retailer will soon be offering the machine with Burnout, Star Wars Jedi Starfighter, Eternal Ring, Crazy Taxi and Crash Bandicoot The Wrath of Cortex and the V3 FX Racing Wheel, along with Ace Ventura - When Nature Calls and AI on DVD, for £250.

Hardcore. A "bundle war" has been strongly rumoured in recent weeks as Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony have all claimed there is to be no further hardware price cut in Europe. Note the word "Europe". US gamers should pay particularly close attention.

While some of the software's a little old, at these prices you really shouldn't care. And there's nothing aged about Splinter Cell. Expect more bundles from other retailers in the coming weeks. As if you needed them."

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Paul,
What is Championship Manager? Is it a UK/Europe only title? I've never heard of it states side.

paul h

Supporting Actor
Yeah it's a soccer management game and pretty damn popular over here, the PC versions have sold bucket loads!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
What is Championship Manager? Is it a UK/Europe only title? I've never heard of it states side.
The most popular football management sim out there, it's insanely popular in the UK in particular. It's practically unknown in the US & Eidos refuse to release it on the PC or Xbox here, so I have to import it from the UK every year.

The version bundled is the first XBox version, the new one is due in a week or two I believe (which is why ToysRUs are bundling it, clear the stock).

Shawn C

Screenwriter
The new bundles come in the wake of Microsoft confirming a pack containing an Xbox, Halo, Splinter Cell, Jet Set Radio Future and Sega GT 2002 for 199.
If I could get that bundle here in the U.S., I'd be out the door in a flash and heading to Best Buy.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Buy a Xbox + JSRF/SegaGT bundle for $199 plus Halo & Splinter Cell for $50 each, and you basically have... 199ukp ~= $300.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Cool thanks for the info guys. That was what I thought but I figured I'd leave it to our experts to clarify :D

Rusty Ray

Second Unit
absolutely insane... this should take care of anyone who is on the fence about any of these systems... hell if i didnt already have em i would get em both!!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
You can get that X-Box deal for £189 with free shipping until Dec 12th at Amazon. Absolutely insaine!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks