1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

OMG: Jackie Swanson in Cheers (e.g., Kelly Gaines) was in Lethal Weapon 1!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Don Black, May 21, 2002.

1. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I was watching Lethal Weapon 1 tonight and thought that the girl who dives off the building at the beginning looked familiary. Checking IMDB.com, I just realized that she was the one who played Woody's girlfriend on Cheers! I also realized that her career hasn't been too prosperous since then.. [​IMG]

2. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

91 views and no replies. Apparently, this wasn't a big surprise to many! [​IMG]

3. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

It was a suprise to me.

4. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Well, along the same lines, I saw Jennifer Runyon ("Jennifer" from "Ghostbusters") in some lame 80's/early 90's sitcom the other day. She was also in "Carnosaur". She was pretty, I wonder why she didn't get more of a career?

/Mike

5. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

Micke, you must be talking about Charles in Charge. I loved that show. She also played Cindy from The Brady Bunch in the reunion shows. I would've liked to have seen her have a bigger career.

~T

6. Quentin

Quentin Cinematographer

Quentin H
    Oh yes...Woody's girlfriend in all her naked, lesbian glory. Man, she was young in that film.

7. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

The thread is alive!

8. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Yeah, I checked on IMDB and that's what it was. A young Nicole Eggert was in the episode I saw too. They were the only things about it that made me watch it for a few minutes instead of flipping the channel immediately... [​IMG]
    /Mike

9. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

There were so many good-looking girls on Charles in Charge. Pamela Anderson was on there once, she looked great back then.

Guess who I saw on The Cosby Show while watching Nick at Nite a couple of weeks ago? Adam Sandler (who played one of Theo's friends). It was surprising since I saw every episode when the show originally aired.

~T

10. MickeS

MickeS Producer

"Charles in Charge" must have been the "Baywatch" training grounds. Erika Eleniak was on there too according to IMDB. [​IMG]
    I watched an episode of "Married with children" a while ago, and was surprised to see that Matt LeBlanc was in it, playing a boyfriend of Kelly's.
    /Mike

11. Daniel Swartz

Daniel Swartz Second Unit

I believe Matt LeBlanc actually was on a Married with Children spin-off which bombed on Fox. The episode you saw must have been the tie-in.

12. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Daniel, I checked it out on IMDB, and you're correct. Matt LebLanc's character on "Married with children" was called Vinne Verducci, and he was the main character in the spin-off "Top of the heap". Also in that show from "Married with children" was Joey Lauren Adam's character "Mona Mullins".
    Fox aired 7 episodes of "Top of the heap" in 1991 then the show was re-tooled and re-named, but kept the principal cast, and called "Vinnie & Bobby". It came back for another 7 episodes in 1992 under the new name before it was cancelled, according to epguides.com
    Ha, and you know what? Pamela Anderson was in one of the "Top of the heap" episodes, and Jennifer Runyon was in an episode of "Vinnie & Bobby". [​IMG]
    /Mike

13. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Didn't Pamela Anderson appeared in an episode of "Married...With Children" where Al was having this dream involving 2 women fighting (literally, and in skimpy lingerie too) over him. [​IMG]