What's new

OMG: Jackie Swanson in Cheers (e.g., Kelly Gaines) was in Lethal Weapon 1! (1 Viewer)

Don Black

Screenwriter
I was watching Lethal Weapon 1 tonight and thought that the girl who dives off the building at the beginning looked familiary. Checking IMDB.com I just realized that she was the one who played Woody's girlfriend on Cheers! I also realized that her career hasn't been too prosperous since then.. :D

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Well, along the same lines, I saw Jennifer Runyon ("Jennifer" from "Ghostbusters") in some lame 80's/early 90's sitcom the other day. She was also in "Carnosaur". She was pretty, I wonder why she didn't get more of a career?

/Mike

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Micke, you must be talking about Charles in Charge. I loved that show. She also played Cindy from The Brady Bunch in the reunion shows. I would've liked to have seen her have a bigger career.

~T

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Oh yes...Woody's girlfriend in all her naked, lesbian glory. Man, she was young in that film.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I checked on IMDB and that's what it was. A young Nicole Eggert was in the episode I saw too. They were the only things about it that made me watch it for a few minutes instead of flipping the channel immediately... :)
/Mike

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
There were so many good-looking girls on Charles in Charge. Pamela Anderson was on there once, she looked great back then.

Guess who I saw on The Cosby Show while watching Nick at Nite a couple of weeks ago? Adam Sandler (who played one of Theo's friends). It was surprising since I saw every episode when the show originally aired.

~T

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
"Charles in Charge" must have been the "Baywatch" training grounds. Erika Eleniak was on there too according to IMDB. :)
I watched an episode of "Married with children" a while ago, and was surprised to see that Matt LeBlanc was in it, playing a boyfriend of Kelly's.
/Mike

Daniel Swartz

Second Unit
I believe Matt LeBlanc actually was on a Married with Children spin-off which bombed on Fox. The episode you saw must have been the tie-in.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Daniel, I checked it out on IMDB, and you're correct. Matt LebLanc's character on "Married with children" was called Vinne Verducci, and he was the main character in the spin-off "Top of the heap". Also in that show from "Married with children" was Joey Lauren Adam's character "Mona Mullins".
Fox aired 7 episodes of "Top of the heap" in 1991 then the show was re-tooled and re-named, but kept the principal cast, and called "Vinnie & Bobby". It came back for another 7 episodes in 1992 under the new name before it was cancelled, according to epguides.com
Ha, and you know what? Pamela Anderson was in one of the "Top of the heap" episodes, and Jennifer Runyon was in an episode of "Vinnie & Bobby". :)
/Mike

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Didn't Pamela Anderson appeared in an episode of "Married...With Children" where Al was having this dream involving 2 women fighting (literally, and in skimpy lingerie too) over him. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks