What's new

OMG! Charmed in Febuary!!! (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I loved that vampire episode of Charmed! and Alyssa's line about Buffy was cool :) ...

It has been a long time since I seen that episode... thinking it was either season 4 or 5?... because I think I remember it being Paige that was turned into the vampire? Can't remember for sure.

John McM

Second Unit
the "where's Buffy when you need her?" line was back in season 1 actually, but in season 4, there was another Buffy reference (the Paige episode) where Leo made a comment that "the vampires are on a different channel now", as this was the season Buffy moved to UPN.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Really?... hmmm don't remember it in season one... but it has been quite some time since I seen the first season episodes... was there a show with vampires in season one... or was it refrenced to Buffy in another way?

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator
They were walking through a cemetary looking for the ghosts grave, and Phoebe was getting creeped out, so she said the Buffy line. There weren't any actual vampires in the episode.

John McM

Second Unit
very good. Knowing Paramount and the fact Charmed has a large cult following, I figured they would try sticking it to us like they do Trekkies and Lucy fans

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm, this makes me nervous as to the quality of the extras. $35 is pretty cheap for 22 episodes, especially since MaraKM mentioned upthread about the bare bones releases of other Paramount items, and the fact they're coming out so quickly.

Either way, since they're going to be releasing them so fast, I think I'm going to wait until the entire series is out and then see if I could get the whole thing for even cheaper, or see if R2 puts out a specially packaged series like they're doing with other shows that are completely out (Buffy, Futurama, Sex And The City, etc). I've got every eppy on tape anyway ;)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

I'm not to worried about extras just yet. I mean like I said above... it is only $10 cheaper then what most sets go for. I also love extras and hope to see a nice selection of commentaries, out takes, interviews and such. But either way... I just can't wait to start added Charmed into my collection! :D

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I just went ahead and preordered Charmed: Season 1 at amazon.com. (I usually don't pre-order this early but this is Charmed!)I opted for the free shipping... and aparently the last time I used a promotional code there must have been a nickel left over in my account? because my total price came to $34.94 and said there was a -0.05 promotional.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'm not worried about the price of this set. It's very close to what Buffy goes for, so Paramount obviously did their research. I've never seen more than a couple episodes of this show, so I'm looking forward to giving it a test drive this February. :emoji_thumbsup:

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member

With Paramount, I fully do not expect extras. I'd love to be wrong though. Likewise, hopefully this will have some sweet cover art too. I actually like the Paramount bar on their movie releases, but the bar on their TV releases just looks awful as shit. I hope, like they did with the Star Trek shows, that they won't put the bar on the Charmed sets. Buying these sets regardless, but for my current most wanted show on DVD, it'd be nice. :D

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

Hey David...
I envy you... getting to see these for the first time.It's a great show... and something that is worth collecting now that both Buffy and Angel are releasing their last season soon.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Thanks. I get that same feeling when someone steps into the B5 universe for the first time.

I just saw an episode on TNT tonight that was a laugh riot. It was this week's or last week's episode: Charmed Noir. Which makes me wonder about the series tone in relation to the Buffy/Angel-verse and the addition of the Paige (? - Rose McGowan) character. The only other eps I had seen were from the Prue (?) seasons. Definitely diff chemistry and it seemed that the sense of reality had been set back a couple notches more towards fantasy. I definitely liked what I saw tonight, even if I didn't fully understand their powers (have they changed?), relationships, or the Hogwarts-like setting. Help? :confused:

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
LOL... your confusion is understandable.. you jump from shows somewhere between seasons 1-3 (Most likely season 1 since that is what they are showing in the mornings right now)to just this past's week's episode in season 7.

I do think the last couple years (atleast) has gone more into a fantasy feeling... but I think there is still more serious shows then anything else. Prue was in the first 3 seasons... then Paige came in at season 4 till the present.

As for their powers... yes they have grown - gotten additional powers. the magic school has come into the series within the last season or 2... and also not in every episode of course.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Thanks, Pete for the non-spoiler background. I had known that Rose replaced Shannen (Is Paige a Halliwell sister, too? One they didn't know about??). I am really looking forward to enjoying this series now that the Whedonverses have been laid to rest (well, at least until Serenity). :emoji_thumbsup:

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
TheCharmedOnes.com announced some extras for the season 1 set! here is what they have listed... (Check it out at the above link about a fourth of the way down the page.)

- Actors Bios
- Behind the Scenes looks
- Process of creating a Charmed Episode
- Interviews with the Actresses
- and Games
- (Possibly the lost Lori Rom Episode)

for those of you that don't know.... the Lori Rom episode is an unaired pilot where Lori Romm plays the character of Phoebe.

Anyone know if this info is accurate? Gord? David? would love to hear your thoughts on this!

I would be satisfied with these extras even though I was really hoping for some commentarties.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks