OMG - Blockbuster has OAR A.I.!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonKrol, Mar 6, 2002.

1. JasonKrol

JasonKrol Supporting Actor

I almost fainted when I looked at the shelf and saw nothing but Widescreen A.I. stored floor to ceiling. I didnt even see both versions, just widescreen!

Im soo excited. Now I understand that this could just have been an accident by blockbuster, but who knows. Maybe they are actually coming around?

I also let the guy at the counter know that I was pleased that they had the widescreen version of A.I. since they usually always prefer the Full Screen version. (But by the glazed look on his eyes, I dont think he had a clue what I was talking about.) He was glad that I was pleased, and seemed happy that I gave the compliment.

On a side note, I will actually be renting A.I. tonight, but I rented The One last night. I actually enjoyed it, although I dont think its worth a purchase. And a funny thing, when I was browsing the extras, I noticed none other than Jonathan Huan (spelling?) a.k.a. "Data" from the Goonies. He was the assistant to the Fight Coriographer for the movie. And I checked the credits and he was listed as so. Good for him!!

2. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

I almost crapped myself last night when I called BB to ask if they had WS AI and they said yes. My mom picked it up on the way to work, so I'll be watching it tonight.

3. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Supporting Actor

Cool! Now I can wait to pick it up with their $9.99 PVD sale at the end of the month.

First Unrated American Pie 2 and now WS A.I.

Doug

4. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

5. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Hummmm, maybe I should reconsider my membership..........................nope. Too little too late.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

6. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

Unrated American Pie 2 is full screen at my location

7. Seth T

Seth T Stunt Coordinator

I paid too much for the $3 rental of The Musketeer in widescreen...but they had it. [​IMG]

8. Travis D

Travis D Second Unit

Perhaps they saw the notification on the back of the package that said 1:33 for disc 2 and didn't realize it was just for the extras. I say this because my Movie Gallery did this. Nothing but widescreen for them either.

Do not assume BB likes us. For all intents and puposes, they hate us.

9. AlbertH

AlbertH Stunt Coordinator

quote"Do not assume BB likes us. For all intents and puposes, they hate us."

Wow, i always thought it was "for all intensive purposes. I learn something new every day.

10. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Supporting Actor

I don't wanna spoil the party, but I believe when I looked at the back of the case of this 2-disc set, it had both widescreen version, and full frame on disc 2. I guess what I'm saying is don't go praising Blockbuster too much as if they've done us a favor. Let's wait until Universal or whatever releases more seperate Full Frame/Widescreen movies and see if they stock both of them for rent.

11. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

The "Full Frame Disc 2" thing is just the extras. There is no feature on Disc 2. Funny thing is though, the menus on Disc 2 are anamorphic widescreen.

12. Michael Allred

Michael Allred Screenwriter

Michael
    I couldn't find a WS copy of "A.I" to save my life. Not at any mom&pop stores or Hollywood Video (which is where I usually find them) and certainly not at Blockbuster.
    If only Universal would follow the lead of MGM and put both versions of the film on the same disc, we'd all be happy.

13. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

14. Bryan Tuck

Bryan Tuck Screenwriter

Bryan Tuck

15. Mark Kalzer

Mark Kalzer Second Unit

At Wal-Mart they had Widescreen only also. Weird. In fact, I haven't seen a single copy of the fullscreen edition anywhere. Are they not printing one in Canada? Not that I'm complaining mind you!

16. Ron Shaw

Ron Shaw Stunt Coordinator

I rented 'Hearts in Atlantis' at BB last weekend, and it was only in widescreen. Maybe they really are going to start listening to us!

17. Anthony_H

Anthony_H Stunt Coordinator

Anthony
    If you read the thread referenced above...I advised a "wait and see" approach to the first Pan-scan Vs. Widescreen released after BlockBuster's "We like Widescreen" announcement. Looks like they were true to their word. However....I am now in the same camp as Ron-P..."Too little...Too late"

18. tommy_esq

tommy_esq Stunt Coordinator

Though I thought the movie was a total piece of garbage, I did bring a smile to my face when I saw all of those Widescreen versions sitting on the shelves at BB!

Thanks to this, I was not tempted to buy the Widescreen version sight unseen.

19. Bill J

Bill J Producer

My local Blockbuster didn't even have one pan&scan A.I. disc to rent, but the discs that they were selling were all pan&scan. Has anyone ever been stupid enough to BUY DVD at Blockbuster? They are usually about 5 or 6 dollars more than the DVDs you can buy online or at Best Buy.

20. John Knowles

John Knowles Stunt Coordinator

John
    My local best buy had mostly equal amounts of both on the display...