What's new

OMFG!! I just finished Halo!! (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Yeah!!! The title says it! Halo was the absolute best game I've ever played. I can't remember ever having that much fun with a video game or being that addicted to...anything! I loved it! I finished it on the normal difficulty setting, so now I guess I have to go back through on heroic and then legendary. I thought the Library was the hardest level. What did you all think was the hardest? Later!

Rob

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
Legendary is nearly impossible. My buddy and I, SUPER video game nerds from back in the day had a HELLUVA time with the library Legendary (Still stuck there)

Dan B

Screenwriter
Halo is much more difficult on the harder settings, & brings an additional layer of strategy to the game. I don't have as much difficulty with the Library as I did the first time through, once I realized that you really don't need to kill all of the flood, especially the little guys, & unless your shield is really low, you don't have to worry about the little guys too much anyways. Just let 'em attack you, or melee attack them & save your ammo. Your shield will recharge...and using the ability of your shield to regenerate is a crucial skill to learn to master Halo on the Legendary difficulty.
Having said that, the first time I played through the Library I was like "FUCK!" :D

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I can't remember which level in Legendary, I believe the one after the storming of the beach, well it's a level where you come in from a ship and immediately after the elites come flying out of the doors. For the life of me I can't stay alive for more than a minute on this level. You land on a small platform and there's nowhere to hide. Very very tough. Can't wait for the next installment.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Legendary is nearly impossible. My buddy and I, SUPER video game nerds from back in the day had a HELLUVA time with the library Legendary (Still stuck there)
Did you get bogged down in that section where you are closed in on both sides by large doors and the Flood pours out of two vents? My brother and I got bogged down there for a while on Legendary. I thought we were going to have to turn it off. We were both low on ammo and the Flood would simply overwhelm us after a minute or so. BUT, I finally went to the left side (if you are facing the vents the flood come from) by the doors and positioned myself as far back (opposite from the vent side) as I could in the crevice between the door and the support coming out from the wall. My brother died right away via a grenade he did not see, but I still managed to hold off and defeat the Flood by myself in that position. Your buddy can hide in the same position on the right hand side. You should give that a try.

Aaron

Steve Bjorg

Stunt Coordinator
Aaron, I hid with a buddy in the same corner. However, we had to resort to taking turns. Whenever the front guy's shield was down (which happens rather quickly in Legendary), we would switch positions. It felt like a true team effort.

As to the best level, I'm a firm believer in 'Assault on the Control Room' and its inverse, 'Two Betrayals'. Each of these levels takes 2+ hours in Legendary. It's simply an awesome experience.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I'm going to be the voice of dissent here. I played through it on normal(had enough trouble even on that ;) ) and I thought it started out great. The first 3 levels were amazing. However, the middle levels were pretty boring I thought. After the one where you have to steal the banshee(the one where it's snowing) the levels were all pretty bland(the exception being the last level). Don't get me wrong, it was alot of fun but I guess I just was let down that all of the levels weren't as great as some of the early ones. I agree though, Co-op is alot of fun. I played a few of the levels with my brother and it was a blast. What's funnier is at the end.
with the jeep. We kept crashing it. At one point we were each driving a jeep. If one flipped, the other one would just keep going. Took us like 10 times to do it but we finally did it. A question. Is the ending any different if you play on harder levels? Do you get to see the chief's face if you beat it on Heroic or Legendary?

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Dave, the ending in Legendary has a brief clip that is missing from the ending of all the other difficulty levels. It's actually pretty funny. I wish I could say I earned the right to watch it, but the fact is, I'm still stuck in Heroic and I watched the extended ending on one of the OXM discs... :)
(OXM = Official Xbox Magazine, sorry)

Joe McCormick

Auditioning
I am not an avid gamer. That said, I was able to finish legendary. I am currently doing it again. I love this game. My best advice for the library is "RUN" as fast as you can. When the sentinals show up stay with them and keep them alive. And, at the very end when you make the run for the index, don't run right for it go to the left and jump up on the wall on the right and then run over, jump off and go for the index, much easier

joe

Once you figure out the "hide behind the corner and blast them with the shotgun as they come after you" strategy, the library isn't really that hard, just monotonous. As far as single player mode on legendary goes, I'd say T'n'R is the biggest bitch to complete.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I think The Library has become the infamous, "tough as hell", Halo level; especially when you get above normal difficulty.
Another pretty damn tough spot is one the 2nd to last level when you go after Keyes. In the control room of the Covenant battlecruiser, those bastards just keep coming!!! Took me several tries on Heroic to beat it.
I sure would love to know what Bungie is going to do for the sequel.
IMHO, I think we should take over and command the 2nd Halo installation. Not do what we did in the 1st one. I'd also like to see ALOT more levels with your fellow marines. Once you left 'em in the swamp, that's it. you never saw them again!??! No repititous levels. And, I'd really like to see some sort of "base of operations" for the next Halo. Seemed like the survivors on the 1st one never got their shit together and just simply ran from one mission to the next. I'd like to see several where you scout out some key locations that might make a great home base. Once a base is found, all operations could be done from that base as you do strike insertions into different areas of the Halo. Recon missions, search destroy, ect. Before the mission would begin you would go to the "war room" deep in the home base and receive your orders. Then, the airlift to the insertion point at the beginnig of the "level".
After a home base is established, I'd like to see it become sort of a "living level" where you can wander around at will and check out what's happening. You could see med techs working in a makeshift hospital, guys cleaning their weapons, others working on Warthogs, people walking around the halls going about their bizz. Of course, they always salute you. ;) You know, a living, breathing base of operations.
The next "level" wouldn't start until you decided to enter the "war room" and get your next mission briefing.
There could even be some part in the main story where the base is detected by The Covenant and you'd have to prepare to defend it against many waves of attack.
How about some sentient life forms on the next ring installation? I saw that Bungie had originally planned for such a thing in a video that's on the "Making of Halo" disc. Hell...I don't know why they cut them out. Looked pretty interesting.
Anyhoo...for anyone that want's more Halo, read the novel: The Fall of Reach. It's the prequel that ends exactly where the game begins. Pretty good read! You get a deep, informative account of all the events that lead up to the game.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
As to the best level, I'm a firm believer in 'Assault on the Control Room' and its inverse, 'Two Betrayals'. Each of these levels takes 2+ hours in Legendary. It's simply an awesome experience.
I agree completely. I love those snowy outside levels. They are a good mix of outdoor and indoor combat. Plus I love getting to use the vehicles as well as battling against enemy vehicles and artillery.

Aaron

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
You know what-I actually had no problem with the Library on Legendary compared to the first level on the Covenant ship (The Truth and Reconcilliation I think). Just a LOT of covenant-and especially hard at the beginning with the invisible guys AND enemies from all four sides.

Not to say that Legendary is easy, but it's certainly possible to finish. Have to take things a lot slower though. As for the library-remeber that the shotgun is your friend, and that the little guys can be killed really easily by meelee attacks and the machine gun.

Also, keep in mind that the jump in difficulty is MUCH higher from Heroic to Legendary than from Normal to Herioc. After finishing Legendary, Herioc becomes a cakewalk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks