What's new

Omen: Furious at DVD Studios! (1 Viewer)

TimCha

Auditioning
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, I need to get this out because I am just furious with how the dvd studios have handled the "rerelease" of the Omen. Since this new Omen film is coming out, they have put out of print the Omen Collection dvd boxed set, and also the special edition of the Omen.

I can not find these anywhere now, so for people who want to but the Omen, they cannot for a few weeks until june 20th, when they rerelease a new version called the collectors edition, but this edition is the same exact release as the special edition save a new cover and 10 dollars more in price.

The only reason I can see them not allowing people to purchase this boxed set release is because it contains the original Omen film.

This is making me so mad! I am trying to purchase these films, and it would have been great to be able to purchase the Omen collection because it is like 5 dollars cheaper plus I get Omen 4!

This is the worst handled transfer of dvd versions I have witnessed so far. With the Basic Instinct rerelease they had it overlap so there was always a version that people could buy if they needed it.

I am just so angry at the studios responsible for this terrible treatment of the original films. Also there are no plans to rerelease the omen boxed set with the four films in any immedia
te future! Keep the boxed set released until you have another one days from release, I cannot express my outrage upon these DVD studios!!!!

(I really wanted to purchase these I have seen them and love them and wanted to watch the whole trilogy on 6/6/6 thought it would be a cool little thing to do!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TimCha

Auditioning
Take a look at the special features offered, compare the two: they are just about as identical as they come, similar in differences between the basic instinct release but even closer to the same release, how can a studio make a film unavailable for purchase at any given time if there is a dvd that has been out and available to sell

Robin_B

Stunt Coordinator
I don't understand. The Omen DVD's have been out there all this time and NOW you want to buy them?

try ebay or Amazon.com for used or old stock copies.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
If there's anything to be (mildly) upset about, it's the inclusion of The Omen Legacy, if you've already bought the stand-alone disc. But I'm getting the CE anyway.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
So are we gonna have to wait for remakes of "Damien" and "The Final Conflict" before we see SEs of the originals? What if the remake of the first one bombs?

I'm still gonna get the new SE of the original but I would've liked to see SEs of the other two released at the same time as well.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Weird, I just got the Omen and Omen 2 from my Wal-Mart last year. (Omen 2 was in the $5.50 bin). I remember checking to see where I could pick up Omen 3, and it was available everywhere. I never got around to getting it, and now it's out of print. Oh well, maybe there will be a SE release sometime.

Jace_A

Second Unit
What does Brian Helgeland have to do with The Omen? I know he made that terrible Heath Ledger horror movie about a priest, but does that qualify him as an expert on The Omen?

TimCha

Auditioning
The reason I am getting it so "late" is that I am 18 and just this year had the funds to start building my own collection: Stanley Kubrick DVD Collection, Oliver Stone DVD Collection, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill 1/2, Sin City Extended, Gladiator Extended, Kingdom of Heaven Directors Cut, Alien Quadrilogy (present from a few years back), James Bond Coll 1/3 Present as well, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Last Samurai, Star Wars both trilogies, Batman Begins, Matrix boxed set ultimate trilogy set, all of Peter Jacksons Films: Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles, Dead Alive, Heavenly Creatures, Forgotten Silver, Frighteners, LOTR all editions, and King Kong also the 14 disc planet of the apes collection and a few more, not a bad start for a year of building a collection, so the long answer I did not have the funds to get the Omen trilogy until now, so I will be buying them as singles I guess costing a little more, but still available at some places unlike the boxed set. I have a feeling they will release a boxed set of Omen Trilogy plus the two remakes sometime in the future.. oh well..

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, why get Brian Helgeland to flap his lips? At least they retained the highly informative and often hilarious track by Donner and Stuart Baird.

The real question is: Is this a new transfer?

TimCha

Auditioning
They are listed on my first order with the Omen Collection from Lasers Edge (says 1-3 days) got an email back "out of print" and auto cancelled the order, so I placed an order for the trilogy individually hoping they will have a few left before it went out of print. According to amazon, the omen is out of print with the other two still in print.

I guess I will wait and see.....

TimCha

Auditioning
Everything turned out great except for the no boxed set. I got all three brand new from Lasers Edge, and they even discounted them to match the boxed set price, (normally they are a few dollars more bought individually)

I went back to check on availability and things like that, and it seems that Fox has also discounted Omen III: The Final Conflict, but still have Omen II available. Why they are doing this is beyond me. I feel sorry for those that are looking for the sequels but are being denied that by the DVD studios over at Fox. Its a shame because the third omen is such a great film. I wonder if this is also a hint of a rerelease of the entire trilogy??? Does anybody know what the fate of the omen films on dvd is?? It is just a weird occurance going on with these films since this new remake has come out.........................
.................................................. ............................................

TimCha

Auditioning
I researched this a little bit further and it appears all of the Omen DVDs were discontinued the week of 11/06/2005: except Omen II.

This is a crazy idea but perhaps they don't want people to see that Damien eventually gets killed and perhaps fox wants to make more than 3 remakes or start a whole legacy of new films?????

TimCha

Auditioning
I consider it a trilogy with a clear story of Damien, and then 2 remakes: Omen 4, a remake of the Omen with a female lead, and the new Omen a remake of the omen.

Actually now it is a trilogy of Omen I (with three films on the same plot) and then the glorious original Omen trilogy that could never be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.