What's new

Olympics Opening Ceremony...timing question (Peter Gabriel!) (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know if this belonged in TV or Music or somewhere else, but I'll try TV.

I have a question/plea for information for those who have already seen the Opening Ceremonies, or to those who will see it in prime time in America this evening.

My husband is out of town on business. My brother-in-law heard that Peter Gabriel performs and I assume his information is reliable. We want to record his performance in High Definition, which we can do via a computer setup with a program called HiPix. It's a great little program that not only allows us to record HD off broadcast TV (it won't do cable/satellite), but has a timer that you can set in advance according to channel, time and length.

Could someone tell me approximately when Peter Gabriel performs? Within the first hour? Second hour? After the Parade of Nations? I just need a general idea.

We have 2 problems with getting the broadcast directly. 1) I'm leaving to see two movies tonight and won't get back until after midnight, so I'll miss the original broadcast (NBC is repeating the OC once, starting immediately after the first showing ends). I already plan to Tivo the whole thing, but we don't have an High Definition Tivo, so have to get it in HD via the computer. 2) We don't have enough hard drive space for the whole 4 hours of the Opening Ceremonies or else I'd just set the HiPix timer to get the whole thing and forget about it.

If I know approximately when he's on, I can set the HiPix program's timer to get just that general time frame (I have enough hard drive space for 100 minutes), and then my husband can edit it down later. I can do that with the repeat broadcast after I get home from the movies, so as long as I know before the repeat starts, I can set the timer then go to bed. Otherwise I'll have to drop some NoDoze and stay up. I'll do that, if no one answers this, but it never hurts to ask, right?

Desperately hoping that made sense...

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Thomas, I got it!

It wasn't the best performance he's ever given. I was a bit disappointed. It would have been a great performance for a small intimate venue, but not for a huge stadium. Ah well, I still loved seeing him.

Thanks again!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Vickie:

Glad that you were able to see it. I was a bit disappointed too. It had its moments where his great voice came through but on the whole it was pretty weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks