What's new

Olivia Newton John, star of Grease, dies at 73 (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Every single day a new death to report. She was never a favorite of mine, but may she R.I.P.
I was lucky enough to see in person when she did her Physical tour. A thrilling and delightful performer live on stage. For sure, I'll be visiting Grease tonight.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Xanadu. I loved her in Xanadu.

Weird movie. Great soundtrack, especially if you like ONJ and ELO as the proverbial Reeses peanut butter cup since they're two great tastes that taste great together.
They keep on breaking our hearts this year so many lost but heaven has so many more angels

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
The summer Grease was released we LIVED at the General Cinemas. We’d hit up the afternoon matinee several times a week to watch it! Definitely a magical time. And as bad as Xanadu was the soundtrack was amazing!
Her voice was beautiful, she seemed to be such a good person and she will be so missed.
Rest In Peace, Olivia.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yeah, she didn't have much of a movie career, but she's wonderful in Grease and had a great recording career. I can't get over how we're getting these tragic bits of news on an almost daily basis now. So very sad.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
R.I.P to another iconic talent. Life is precious and completely unpredictable.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Grease is one of my favorite musicals. I saw it not too long ago, and it really is entertaining (the Hand Jive dance contest scene in the gymnasium is amazing). RIP,
Olivia. 🙁

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Grease is one of my favorite musicals. I saw it not too long ago, and it really is entertaining (the Hand Jive dance contest scene in the gymnasium is amazing). RIP,
Olivia. 🙁
Not many left from this classic film -- sad and heartbreaking, Robert Stigwood had Grease and Saturday Night Fever records riding high on the charts

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Not many left from this classic film -- sad and heartbreaking, Robert Stigwood had Grease and Saturday Night Fever records riding high on the charts
A bit off topic, but I have never seen Saturday Night Fever, and I really enjoy the soundtrack. I think it’s the highest selling soundtrack, but I could be wrong.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
A bit off topic, but I have never seen Saturday Night Fever, and I really enjoy the soundtrack. I think it’s the highest selling soundtrack, but I could be wrong.
Either that or Grease I think --- YIKES it's The Bodyguard!

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Yikes is right. Whitney’s cover of the Dolly Parton song heads my list of songs I never want to hear again, mainly because pop radio jammed that song into our ears 5 or 6 times daily.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
She really captured something in her portrayal of Sandy. She gave a generation (actually, several generations) a vision of a wholesome young woman to be admired. And by all accounts, she was a lovely person in real life.

I suspect her life was rough for several years with treatments. RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks