What's new

OLIVER! on Blu Ray (1 Viewer)

Dan_Shane

Second Unit
Real Name
Dan Shane
Originally Posted by Paul Rossen /t/315918/oliver-on-blu-ray/30#post_4015610
OLIVER! was recently shown on the HDNET station. The image and sound were very good. The showing did not include the Overture or Intermission break.

"Roadshow" (note the quotes) films seldom if ever get the "roadshow" treatment on HD-Net Movies, even if the full-story-length version of the movie is shown.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
For some reason, HDNet Movies had contrast problems with their masters of this, 1970's Scrooge and High Society when they aired them in the late 2000s. I assume Sony will use a superior master.

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by bluirv /t/315918/oliver-on-blu-ray/30#post_4015510
TCM has announced that they will present a remastered Funny Girl at their annual classic film festival in April.
I would assume that a Blu-ray release would be forthcoming, although there have not been any studio announcements to date.
Sony mentioned "Funny Girl" was coming in 2013 to celebrate it's 45th anniversay

Cineramic

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Clifford Scott Carson
It's true, Sony did a full restoration of this film in 1998 in which I was apart of and feel somewhat responsible for making happen. There were several final prints struct after the restoration. One of which made the rounds here in Los Angeles at various film venues at Christmas for many years. It was the first print struck and extremely dark. OLIVER! is basically a dark film, but seeing it timed even darker took the film into a new reality that made everything in it look more realistic. It took on a frightening tone it never had before. It really was quite jarring. I saw that print on many occasions. There are plans to release this film on blu-ray and when Sony does it will be stunning. All of it's elements have been restored. As for any additional material, they should've contacted me on that. Can't be sure if the Blu-Ray will contain much. What I would really love is an isolated music track of Johnny Greens magnificent arrangements.

lionel59

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael Robert Lionel Evans
OLIVER! was announced for Blu Ray release in July in Germany and is just now available. (As of 6/13)
Twilight Time are releasing it on Nov. 13th, 2013. The German disc may turn out to be a cheaper purchase, even with inter.shipping charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks