What's new

Olive Films Blu-ray Release and Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Let me just step in here and remind everyone that the purpose of this thread is to discuss pending and proposed releases by Olive Films.

Let's not get personal with remarks and let's not engage in an unreasonable side discussion about what's right or wrong in terms of what people like/dislike or collect/not-collect. I know that we're all capable of making our points via civil discourse.

Thanks.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
With Kino Lorber's recent releases of classic Bob Hope films on fine BD treatments, it makes me long for another of Bob's best films, never released on any licensed home video format...the wonderful Beau James (1957), which is highly desired by many of us...if Olive could release this, it would rank up there with last year's Strategic Air Command as another VistaVision treasure...I guess it's still owned by Paramount, but with probable elements issues... and possible music rights (Gershwins/Rodgers and Hart) or literary source (George Fowler) complications?

MV5BMDI3OGUwNjAtYzg5My00MzNmLWExNTktOTAyMTU4OTg5Y2JlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjE5MjUyOTM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

MV5BMThjYmJlMTItYWQwYi00MjljLWI1YjUtNDM5MDBmZDQyZGExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDMxMjQwMw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,894,1000_AL_.jpg

MV5BOThjNDllM2YtOWE2Zi00ZDE1LWFjZmQtZWE1Nzc0MDk2YTA3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDMxMjQwMw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,801,1000_AL_.jpg

The lovely Vera Miles in a publicity photo for Beau James...

MV5BN2Y4Y2I4NDUtZGY5My00YzI5LWE1NDAtZTEyYzlmMDVhZjhlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI2NDg0NQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,1249,1000_AL_.jpg

Jack Benny and Jimmy Durante with Bob Hope...George Jessel was also along for the ride in a fine cadre of old Vaudville hands...loved the roaring '20s NYC atmosphere of this film...

MV5BZDhkYWU4NjMtODhlNS00Mzk5LThjMDUtYWMxNmU4NDQ4ZThiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDUyOTUyNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
According to B&N pre-order pages (thanks to Akijama for the heads-up at the other forum) the October line-up is:

The Miracle Worker (1962)
The Madness of King George (1994)
Stay Hungry (1976)
Rock-A-Doodle (1991)

Last edited:

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
According to B&N pre-order pages (thanks to Akijama for the heads-up at the other forum) the October line-up is:

The Miracle Worker (1962)
The Madness of King George (1994)
Stay Hungry (1976)
Rock-A-Doodle (1991)

I was really hoping that Criterion had gotten their hands on The Miracle Worker.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Is The Miracle Worker the Patty Duke movie?

Going back five posts to July, I'd also love to see a label like Olive put out Beau James. I've never even had the pleasure to see this one on tv.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was really hoping that Criterion had gotten their hands on The Miracle Worker.
Me, too. They might have gotten access to the made-for-TV film where Duke played Annie Sullivan (and won an Emmy) and Melissa Gilbert played Helen. It would have made a nice contrast to see the Oscar and Emmy-winning star playing both roles in her lifetime.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Odd that dvdPlanet, deepdiscount, walmart, importCDs and such have both Blu-rays of
Return of the Ape Man & The Vampire's Ghost for sale
but
they are not on Amazon (except for "currently not available" for Return of the Ape Man)
nor are they listed anywhere on Olive Films site

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
DeepDiscount also shows Olive releasing S.O.S. Tidal Wave in October as well.

3732296.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks