What's new

OLED Black Friday Deals? (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The pace of technological innovation argues against keeping a TV as long as we used to. My rear projection TV that died last year was 13 1/2 years old, and it seemed positively ancient.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've never owned one, but I always think the LG's have a beautiful picture when I view them in stores. When my father had to buy a new TV a couple years ago, I tried to push him toward the LG 55", but he went for a Samsung instead. Still a very nice pic, but I think the LG looked better.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My current TV is an LG, and I've been very happy with it. I'm really only looking to upgrade for two reasons:
  1. I've had a Panasonic UB820 UHD Player since last December, and I want to take advantage of its full capabilities.
  2. The LED backlight on my current display is a spider magnet, and somehow the itty bitty spiders find their way in between the backlight and the screen. I'll be watching TV and every once in a while I'll see one wandering around in there. Mostly, they die eventually and fall to the bottom, but I had one die right in the middle of the screen. It's not very noticeable unless it's a brightly lit scene, but it's still annoying.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
If there's a spectacular deal on the LG 55-inch OLED C9 4K TV in the next few weeks, y'all can thank me because I just pulled the trigger and bought one.:)

LG-OLED55C9PUA.png

Discover currently has 5 percent cashback for the first $1,500 in purchases at Amazon, Target, and Walmart.com. The Target website had it for $1,499.99, with free site to store shipping, and I had some Target Circle earnings to burn.

Looking at all the various Black Friday ads, none of them had this model as one of their deals. And Best Buy's sale on LG TVs is going to end on Sunday, so I figured the price was likely to go up a bit across all of the retailers that currently have the under-$1500 price.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If there's a spectacular deal on the LG 55-inch OLED C9 4K TV in the next few weeks, y'all can thank me because I just pulled the trigger and bought one.:)

View attachment 65070

Discover currently has 5 percent cashback for the first $1,500 in purchases at Amazon, Target, and Walmart.com. The Target website had it for $1,499.99, with free site to store shipping, and I had some Target Circle earnings to burn.

Looking at all the various Black Friday ads, none of them had this model as one of their deals. And Best Buy's sale on LG TVs is going to end on Sunday, so I figured the price was likely to go up a bit across all of the retailers that currently have the under-$1500 price.
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I’ve been driving myself crazy hesitating on one for myself. I didn’t know the price was going up. Looks like probably $100.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott

Costco has the 55C9 listed in their Holiday coupon booklet for $1449.99. Online is also showing the Square Trade extended warrenty included for free.

Online also has the 55B9 for $1199.99 with the free warrenty & a $100 Costco gift card.

Prices are good now through 12/2

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
With the $100 card, I guess it’s really a $350 difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks