1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Older Tosh RPTV's being recalled - get a new one free!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Robert P. Jones, May 9, 2005.

1. Robert P. Jones

Robert P. Jones Second Unit

2. Glenn Baumann

Glenn Baumann Stunt Coordinator

I wonder what they are going to replace it with... an updated version of the same unit?

Glenn

3. Robert P. Jones

All I know is what the link is saying. There are contact numbers there to call about such things, I believe.

The only thing they can replace such things with would be newer versions of same, I would think. Equal or greater value, is usually the way it goes on such things.

Mr Bob

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

If you go to http://www.tacp.toshiba.com and select "Updates/Notices" under the Customer Support menu and then select the proper notice, they have a method of inputting your serial number to determine if your TV is affected.

Since the internals are pretty much identical, I wonder how the 51" and 57" could be affected, but not the 46" or 65"?

5. Robert P. Jones

From what I read of the notice linked to in my post, the exposed metal parts of the outside were prevalently mentioned. Perhaps one model is more plastic on the outside while another is more metallic. It seems to be based on a potential shock hazard if a lightning storm is present in your area.

Of course the jacks on the back were also mentioned - perhaps one model has them more recessed than another.

These things would not involve the internal chassis, which of course I would think would be the same on all models of that model year.

Mr Bob

6. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

My guess is that it has more to do with the limited production run affected by this issue. Perhaps none of the affected chassis were installed in 46" or 65" models.