older shows out of rerun circulation

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Chris Wall, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Chris Wall

Chris Wall Agent

I was thinking about some of the older shows that haven't had much wide rerun visibility in 5-10-15 years such as Alice, One Day At a Time, Facts of Life and others and wondering if perhaps that would make the fans of those shows want to buy them more as that would be their only chance to see them. I think Alice getting a best of is reasonable given that it hasn't had much rerun visibility in the last 10-15 years and it's at least something for fans of the show. They might not have the younger buyers but there should be plenty of baby boomer type consumers wanting to collect them where as people can just tape today's shows off a vcr or dvr recorder. Also, if they hold off loonger on these older shows the stars will pass away robbing us of their participation.

2. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Chris,

You got that right, (from another 'Boomer) [​IMG] The ones I want are in my signature but there are a few more that I haven't added into th Sig. I keep remembering long-forgotten series that HTF'ers are helping me remember [​IMG]

3. larry thornton

i couldn't believe it when they release fraggle rock! "oooh! I caught a fraggle!"

larry