What's new

Older Lcd Projector (1 Viewer)

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
I have recently upgraded to a used but condition infocus 4800 projector. Now I have to find something to do with my old projector. it's an older lcd projector built in 1995 from sharp. I've had it since last June, it was given to me by my father who's company was switching over to newer products. It didn't have a manual so I started to look on the internet to try to find out what I can about it. That's what got me into learning about other and newer projector's which led me to the infocus. After researching and finding about what other's think about the older technology. I'm not sure if I could sell it. I'm not sure why however, even with the screen door effect I don't it gave a bad picture. actually I thought it was pretty decent. Not as good as my hdtv but better than plain television, and it had many features that many do not have today. It was sold at 9000 dollars back then and I'm not sure how that equates with today 1200 dollars projectors. In any case I came to this forum to get a few ideas if possible.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
I thinka really great thing to do is to donate it to a local school. Find out what it may be worth.....probably not too much as it is quite old....and ask the schools administrator to just write a note saying you donated a projector to the school and it is worth X amount of $$$$. You can than write it off your taxes for next year and the school gets a projector for nothing.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Pick your favorite techie type teenager... Give it to him, just as it was given to you....

Can't imagine the average teenage gamer not being ellated with such a gift.

Maybe get some labor out of them for it... :)

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
sharp xg-e850u.

oh and uh what I said about the picture quality, well I finally hooked up the 4800 and while the old sharp still looks better than plain sd television when compared to the infocus, fisher price cd player/pioneer elite cd player, 95 old lcd projector/ 2004 infocus.

Hmmm, maybe I'm wrong, and 1000 dollar cables will make a difference.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor

???? Hey Billy, can you explain that last post....I don't get what you are saying.

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
I was just saying that I finally watched my dlp projector and I was crazy to think that the old lcd had a decent picture when compared to the newer dlp. It was like a fisher price cd player compared to a Pioneer elite cd player.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks