What's new

Older CRTs and new Faroujda DVD players? (1 Viewer)

KevinBMiller

Auditioning
I saw this product recently and have a question:
>5700 Sovereign 5 Disc Progressive Scan Esoteric DVD >Player The DV5700 uses Faroudja's advanced DCDi™ >Directional Correlation Deinterlacing) technology and >Faroudja's adjustable digital video Enhancer — it >upconverts the video, doubling horizontal resolution

Products like this Kenwood have a Faroudja's advanced DCDi™ (Directional Correlation Deinterlacing). Would that work with older CRT front projectors that don't accept normal line doublers? I have a lot of lines showing up on my projection...just curious. My CRT is the older Runco 760 that is apparently NOT HDTV compliant. Would the above described product reduce the lines I see on the screen?

Thanks

KevinBMiller

Auditioning
I saw this product recently and have a question:
>5700 Sovereign 5 Disc Progressive Scan Esoteric DVD >Player The DV5700 uses Faroudja's advanced DCDi™ >Directional Correlation Deinterlacing) technology and >Faroudja's adjustable digital video Enhancer — it >upconverts the video, doubling horizontal resolution

Products like this Kenwood have a Faroudja's advanced DCDi™ (Directional Correlation Deinterlacing). Would that work with older CRT front projectors that don't accept normal line doublers? I have a lot of lines showing up on my projection...just curious. My CRT is the older Runco 760 that is apparently NOT HDTV compliant. Would the above described product reduce the lines I see on the screen?

Thanks

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I believe, that that runco is video-grade only, so you are limited to 480i input. so you can't feed higher resolutions, you're stuck pretty much with what you have. Defocusing may be a route you could explore, but this is pretty undesireable because it will also worsen your horizontal resolving capabilities and make your picture look very soft.

You may want to explore better CRT projectors that can handle higher resolutions, used they are quite cheap for a basic data-grade 7incher or such.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I believe, that that runco is video-grade only, so you are limited to 480i input. so you can't feed higher resolutions, you're stuck pretty much with what you have. Defocusing may be a route you could explore, but this is pretty undesireable because it will also worsen your horizontal resolving capabilities and make your picture look very soft.

You may want to explore better CRT projectors that can handle higher resolutions, used they are quite cheap for a basic data-grade 7incher or such.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks