What's new

Old tv shows and cartoons (1 Viewer)

D

DAN NEIR

Having just finished reading how Kevin Smith had Land of the Lost references in the new movie got me thinking of conversations me and my friends have had about old shows.
Why doesn't cartoon network show:
Land of the Lost
The Bugaloos
Sigmund the sea monster
H R Puff an Stuff
The Impossibles, Plastic Man, Mighty Man and Yuk, Blue Falcon and Dyno Mutt, Birdman, The Herculoids, Battle of the Planets, Voltron, Mighty Orbots, The Littles, Fang Face,Magilla Gorilla, Hekyl and Jekyl, The Pink Panther w/ Inspector Clouseau, Stop that Pingeon w/ Dick Dastardly, Mighty Mouse, Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse, Shazzam, Ricochet Rabbit, the laff olympics, wacky racers, G I Joe, Transformers, Woody Woodpecker, Grape Ape, Frankenstein Jr.,Godzilla, The Thing, Marvel's Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man and Submariner, the original Spider Man cartoon.
On the subject of old tv shows, can't Nick at Night or someone bring back:
Chico and the Man, Manimal, Knight Rider, The Master w/ Sho Kusagi, Goodtimes, Baretta, Police Story, Vegas, Swat, Spencer for Hire, the old Saturday afternoon Kung Fu movies on drive in theater, BRING BACK ABBOTT AND COSTELLO TO SUNDAY MORNINGS, Greatest American Hero, Dallas, Dynasty,White Shadow, What's happening, 21 Jump Street, and the battle of the network stars(where abc would battle nbc and cbs)
I know I'm missing more but it would be great if at least some of these old shows and cartoons were shown again

D

DAN NEIR

I'd just like to add to the tv show list:
Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rodgers, Eight is Enough,The Addams Family, The Munsters, and The Fall Guy.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
quote: Why doesn't cartoon network show:
Land of the Lost
The Bugaloos
Sigmund the sea monster
H R Puff an Stuff[/quote]
Cause those four aren't cartoons (especially Bugaloos, Sigmund and the Sea Monster, and HR Pufnstuf). Cartoon Network did in fact show The Banana Splits back in 1993, but a year or two later, it was gone.
frown.gif

A few years ago, Nick at Nite showed olf Kroft shows like the original Land of the Lost, The Bugaloos, Sigmund and the Sea Monster, HR Pufnstuf, Lidsville, and Electra Woman and Dyna-Girl (or something to that effect). Then a few shows, such as Sigmund... and Far Out Space Nuts appeared on Family Channel, right before it turned into Fox Family.
Hopefully, one day they'll be back on TV or Rhino can get off their lazy asses and start releasing (season/all the episodes) boxsets of HR Pufnstuf and other Kroft shows (I'm pretty sure there's a demand for it, and if Rhino ever releases boxsets, hopefully Universal will put the movie Pufnstuf on DVD).
Also, quite a few of the shows on your list were at one time shown on Cartoon Network (as I used to watch it 24/7 during summer breaks years ago :)). Why don't they still show some of those classics anymore is beyond me.
To add to the old tv show list I would like to see:
Saved By The Bell (I really don't want to get up at 4am to watch it on TBS), California Dreams, Welcome Back Kotter, and most of all, one of the best TV series ever created.... SOAP. Oh yeah. :)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."
[Edited last by Matthew Chmiel on August 26, 2001 at 04:51 PM]

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Battlestar Galactica is currently being shown on the Sci-Fi channel, in the morning.
But there are a number of cartoons, many mentioned above (some of the above I've never heard of - might be my age), that ought to be shown.
A number of the regular television shows listed above have already been re-run to death - you just ain't old enough to remember. I don't think a lot of people care about them any more, to put it bluntly.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV
[Edited last by alan halvorson on September 01, 2001 at 07:50 AM]

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Several of the cartoons on the list (Fantastic Four, Impossibles, Fang Face, Frank Jr.) are shown on Cartoon Network's sister station for Baby Boomers called Boomerang (ch. 297 on DirecTV)
As for Dallas, it's recently been airing on TNN. Some of these other shows have been or are currently being shown on TV Land, Nick-at-Nite's sister station. The Munsters currently air there and at one time so did The Addams Family (Not sure if they are still on the schedule).

Danny Knapp

Stunt Coordinator
Inspector Gadget and Garfield & Friends are now available to watch on Cartoon Network. I love Inspector Gadget!!!
I wish I could do polls in this forum...I would love to see how many Gadget fans there are!
------------------
I dislike Tom Green!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
A few years ago, Nick at Nite showed olf Kroft shows ...
I think it was their spin-off channel, TV Land. They called it "Super Retrovision Saturdays". Some of it was great, but they also resurrected some shows that should have stayed dead. One joke shows like "Lancelot Link", more or less put the "turd" in Saturday. I liked watching Sigmund & Pufnstuff with my daughter, and was disappointed when they pulled the plug on this idea.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks