1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Old-Time Radio Fans: Rejoice!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Von Pein, Jan 28, 2003.

1. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

I stumbled across a great website today for listening to and downloading Old-Time Radio programs. .......

www.rusc.com

The site offers more than 3,500 OTR programs at your finger (mouse)-tips!

From Duffy's Tavern to Life Of Riley to Suspense, Fibber McGee, Gunsmoke, Boston Blackie, Dimension X, and Lux Radio Theatre. They're all there. Including my all-time favorite OTR entry, The Jack Benny Program.

Any other HTF'ers out there like me, that enjoy OTR shows?

This site is a treasure trove of goodies for the radio lover. And for just a bag of shells ($7.50/month), you can download till your heart's content!

[​IMG]

2. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Supporting Actor

I'm a huge fan! My personal favorites:

Suspense, Jack Benny, George Burns & Gracie Allen, Pat Novak For Hire (early Jack Webb).

Recently, I've been enjoying Fibber McGee and Molly a lot on XM Radio... channel 164 is Old-Time Radio around the clock.

For those who can't download (or don't want to), the best deals going are those that offer CD's full of MP3's. Very reasonable prices!

Matt

3. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

Thanks for the info! I listen to some of these on AM radio at night and it's a welcome relief to experience entertainment when it was really funny,not edited,and the whole family could enjoy it together. I used to listen to some of the old radio epidsodes that dealt with life situations in a biblical sense. For some reason I think the series was called Back To The Bible". It sounded like it was made in the 40's or 50's maybe .Lots of melodramatic dialogue,music and great sound effects. This is how the world was entertained before television. If you haven't checked out one of these old radio shows, you might be surprized how enticing they can draw you in. It's amazing how much your imagination can entertain you aurally and not visually.

4. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Some of my favorites:

Jack Benny
    Amos ‘n Andy
    The Bickersons
    The Green Hornet
    Sky King
    The Shadow
    The Lone Ranger
    Bobby Benson and the B Bar B Riders

And the very best of all:

Bob and Ray

5. Jefferson

Jefferson Supporting Actor

I did a search awhile back for something like this and didn't come up with much. Great news.
    I love FIBBER MCGEE AND MOLLY, LUM AND ABNER, ONE MANS FAMILY, JACK BENNY, BURNS AND ALLEN, to name a few.

6. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

Radio Spirits offers tons of radio shows on CD. They are one of the few companies doing authorized releases and usually have the best quality of sound.

Fixed url:

http://www.radiospirits.com/

7. Jefferson

Jefferson Supporting Actor

I thought that was a link to Radio Spirits (which i found, cool),
    but it took me to a Dean and Frank page...also of interest, but...