What's new

Old-Time Radio Fans: Rejoice! (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I stumbled across a great website today for listening to and downloading Old-Time Radio programs. .......

www.rusc.com

The site offers more than 3,500 OTR programs at your finger (mouse)-tips!

From Duffy's Tavern to Life Of Riley to Suspense, Fibber McGee, Gunsmoke, Boston Blackie, Dimension X, and Lux Radio Theatre. They're all there. Including my all-time favorite OTR entry, The Jack Benny Program.

Any other HTF'ers out there like me, that enjoy OTR shows?

This site is a treasure trove of goodies for the radio lover. And for just a bag of shells ($7.50/month), you can download till your heart's content!

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
I'm a huge fan! My personal favorites:

Suspense, Jack Benny, George Burns & Gracie Allen, Pat Novak For Hire (early Jack Webb).

Recently, I've been enjoying Fibber McGee and Molly a lot on XM Radio... channel 164 is Old-Time Radio around the clock.

For those who can't download (or don't want to), the best deals going are those that offer CD's full of MP3's. Very reasonable prices!

Matt

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the info! I listen to some of these on AM radio at night and it's a welcome relief to experience entertainment when it was really funny,not edited,and the whole family could enjoy it together. I used to listen to some of the old radio epidsodes that dealt with life situations in a biblical sense. For some reason I think the series was called Back To The Bible". It sounded like it was made in the 40's or 50's maybe .Lots of melodramatic dialogue,music and great sound effects. This is how the world was entertained before television. If you haven't checked out one of these old radio shows, you might be surprized how enticing they can draw you in. It's amazing how much your imagination can entertain you aurally and not visually.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Some of my favorites:

Jack Benny
Amos ‘n Andy
The Bickersons
The Green Hornet
Sky King
The Shadow
The Lone Ranger
Bobby Benson and the B Bar B Riders

And the very best of all:

Bob and Ray

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I did a search awhile back for something like this and didn't come up with much. Great news.
I love FIBBER MCGEE AND MOLLY, LUM AND ABNER, ONE MANS FAMILY, JACK BENNY, BURNS AND ALLEN, to name a few.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I thought that was a link to Radio Spirits (which i found, cool),
but it took me to a Dean and Frank page...also of interest, but...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks