WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Title: (1983)

Tagline: The Empire Falls...

Genre: Adventure, Action, Science Fiction

Director: Richard Marquand

Release: 1983-05-23

Runtime: 135

Plot: Luke Skywalker leads a mission to rescue his friend Han Solo from the clutches of Jabba the Hutt, while the Emperor seeks to destroy the Rebellion once and for all with a second dreaded Death Star.

On The Living Daylights commentary director John Glen says that DP Alan Hume (Return of the Jedi, various 007 films) wasn't available because of his committment to a George Lucas Star Wars film. Thus, Alec Mills (cameraman ROTJ and other 007 films) took over as DP.

I found it curious since filming for Daylights was in 1986 and there was no Star Wars filming around that time. Also, Hume did work on other projects in 86/87 (but nothing for Lucasfilm). Is it possible that Lucas was considering another Star Wars film that year? Or maybe Glen was mistaken. Hume did DP duties for both ROTJ and Octopussy - both of which were released in 1983.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Ummm .... I think the two Ewok TV movies were made in about that time frame.

Those movies are considered to be part of the official Star Wars universe.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Hey, why aren't those Ewok movies on DVD? I'm sure they aren't that good, but I've never seen them. ;)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I wonder if they even acknowledge the existence of the Holiday Special :D

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Alan Hume didn't work on either of those films, but perhaps he had agreed before the filming of Bond than changed his mind and went somewhere else. Thanks for reminding me though about the Ewok movies.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks