1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Old Sony 1252Q, worth?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RANDY FISHER, Jan 28, 2002.

1. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

Anyone know what this is worth? I have one of these collecting dust in my basement for about a year now. I am a designer for a A/V contractor and I got it for free from a company we were re-doing some meeting and conference rooms for. It works but probably needs to be re-tubed. I have the remote, many documents that I have collected over the past year pertaining to the projector(manuals, throw charts). It has an RGBHV and an S-Video board and I am sure it scans high enough to do HDTV with a component transcoder. It weighs ~175lbs and I don't have the mount. I am getting ready to move and would like to get rid of it as I don't want to drag it with me.

thanks Randy:b

2. AaronP

AaronP Stunt Coordinator

if the tubes are in bad shape, its only worth a few hundred at the most. if the tubes are decent, then its about 1000-1200 or so. You should take it out and fire it up. 1252's are great for home theater.

3. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

If that's the case I will sell it for $300 dollars. I would love to find someone to pick it up as I am NOT shipping this monster. I am in Allentown PA. Anyone interested?
    Randy[​IMG]

4. VicRuiz

VicRuiz Second Unit

Randy, when you say that "it works, but it probably needs to be retubed", what do you base your conclusion on? Did you fire it up? Did it project a picture? Were the tubes too dim? Were they burned? I would need more specific details before I embark on a 3 hour drive each way to get this thing. [​IMG]

5. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

Vic....yes it works and I did fire it up but it's just to big and heavy for me to move around by myself and I have no place in my town house with a throw distance long enough to properly test just how bad off the CRT's were. The best I was able to get were (3) seperate images (red green and blue) from the laptop screen saver I was using to attempt to throw an image on my kitchen patio blinds. I am in engineering for the A/V contractor I work for. Our sales person on the project it came from told me (2) of the (3) tubes needed to be replaced...the customer said no sell me a new LCD projector(much brighter in lumen, easier to set up, smaller, cheaper). They wanted nothing to do with fixing it so I asked if I could have it...they were using it for presentations in a large sloped conference room...If I remember correctly the lens spacers were set up for 150" diag. screen. I had thought about having our service dept. fix it but I just want to get rid of it...I am planning to buy a new house in the coming months and I don't feel like dragging it with me on the move. Let me know if you are interested...I will probably post it in the hardware for sale section. It's probably worth $300 for parts alone.

Randy

6. AaronP

AaronP Stunt Coordinator

nuts, I'd pay $300 for it if I lived in that area.