1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Old School Unrated DVD - No Insert???

Discussion in 'DVD' started by MattGentry, Jun 10, 2003.

1. MattGentry

MattGentry Second Unit

Well, I headed on over to Best Buy after another day of the TMC (Tuesday Movie Club) and picked myself up a copy of the hilarious "Old School" and "Road Trip" (2for25). I opened up my RT DVD and was delighted to see a very nice looking insert, with information about that movie and such. Alas, I was disheartened to find that the OS Unrated DVD did not have any insert. I am very upset. Anyone else notice this? Or am I know only one?

2. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Mine didn't come with one either---Old School that is. What the hell is that about?

I also picked up Road Trip and it did have an insert.

3. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

Universal (which distribute DreamWorks DVDs) have ceased putting inserts into their DVDs. Ditto Disney. Short of going the R2/4 route of clear amaray cases which show the chapter stops on the other side of the cover, chapter stops will be the sole domain of the DVD menu shortly.

4. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

I wish they'd just move to those friggen slim cases already. Otherwise, what's the point of those little clips inside the case?

It just looks so cheap without anything in it.

5. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

That f&^%*( blows.
    It just doesn't look right in there.
    Anybody know where I can find a makeshift one online?

6. Mark_Paul

Mark_Paul Agent

The UK Red Dragon has no insert, so I want to DVDCoverart to download a high quality image. I then cropped it to insert size, and printed it out on high quality paper at hires. I then had the thing laminated. As a way to take away the bareness of the section where we are used to seeing an insert, this is recomended. Think of it as an insert showing Style B artwork. Or you could post a request there, asking for an 'proper' insert with chapter stops. Get it laminated, though.

7. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    The studios are abandoning inserts. And we seem to have a thread about this every week.

8. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

Glad I saw this thread as I was thinking I got one missing an insert guess not. Oh well the movie and extras are hilarious so I can live without an insert.