1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Old Passive Subwoofer?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brent_Sch, Feb 21, 2002.

1. Brent_Sch

Brent_Sch Stunt Coordinator

I'm just curious but I have a passive sub just sitting around and was curious if there is anything I could do with it to incorporate it into a system. I currently have HTD Level TWO speakers and the DLS 10" sub from partsexpress.com so I have a budget setup and all but thought maybe there is an option for this extra sub that came with a Kenwood HTIB that I don't use anymore.
    Anybody with any suggestions?
    Thanks [​IMG]

2. derek

derek Second Unit

Some people have run separate subs one through their mains and the other for their surrounds.

3. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

I took my old 12" passive sub, hooked it to an old reciever along with a couple of KLH 8" 3-way bookshelf speakers, and plugged my computer into the reciever. It is much better than any set of computer speakers can do.
    The point being, be creative. I am on my third set of speakers, so I have old speakers hooked up all around the house for different things. It doesn't have to go back to your primary HT.