Old Panasonic GA-OO Problem

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Isaac Lew, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Isaac Lew

Isaac Lew Auditioning

We have an old Panasonic GA-OO 31" TV that we bought back in July of 93. The model number is CT-31XF40R. It has developed a problem where almost all of the time the screen has what seems to be a pattern of colors scrolling from the bottom to the top of the screen. Furthermore, certain colors (such as reds and greens) produce shadows or ghosts next to them. For example, if a person is wearing a green shirt, there will be a slight shadow of that same shirt right next to that person.

This problem occurs when watching regular cable TV, playing a VHS tape, or watching a DVD. To better show you guys what the problem is, I took a quick 4 second video of my TV doing this problem. Please take a look at it here: http://home.comcast.net/~ilew/tv.avi (about 450K)

Interestingly enough, one time when trying to figure out what was causing this problem, I noticed that if I slightly disconnect the S-Video cable that connects our DVD player to the TV just enough so that there is still a picture, but no color, the problem goes away. This makes me think it has something to do with the way colors are being run through the TV.

We are planning on finally buying a new TV in the near future, but in the meantime is there anything that can be done to fix this? As you can probably imagine, this is extremely frustrating.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide!
    -Isaac

2. Isaac Lew

Isaac Lew Auditioning

Bump. Any ideas, folks? [​IMG]
    -Isaac

3. Isaac Lew

Isaac Lew Auditioning

Any ideas would *certainly* be appreciated. [​IMG]
    -Isaac