What's new

Old Nick Shows (1 Viewer)

JohnAP

Second Unit
Hey, if Nick wanted to release all the shows they've made including MBAM, great. My point was that they try and give the best stuff priority when selecting the next releases.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I remember MBAM...I didn't know only 13 episodes were made. I was wondering why I always seemed to only see the "Goo Punch" episode. ;)

John*P

Second Unit
The features for the Pete & Pete DVD set sound awesome. Hopefully we'll eventually get all the specials and shorts within the sets they release. The commentaries should be fun and interesting. As for the Polaris Music Station, I'm definitely looking forward to that, as they had some great music on this show. (a Polaris CD with all the band's songs from the show was released some years ago, which unfortunately, I never got around to ordering...)

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I hope My Brother and Me will get onto tv box set soon becuase that was my favorite show back when it was on and I hope that a few of my favorite shows from the past that NICK aired get on tv box set soon...

Jeremy_C

Auditioning
I sure hope these sell well so other shows like Salute Your Shorts and Are you Afraid of the dark will be considered for release.... Do u guys think Clarissa and Pete and Pete will sell well?

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Well Nickelodeon did announce they will release 3 All That Best of DVD. It is not the entire 1st season, but hopefully this opens the doors to that. They are The Best of Superdude/Ishboo, The Best of Good Burger, and The Best of Vital Information/Big Ear Of Corn.

Check out tvtome website, and go to the All That page, that is where I found that information.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I don't remember Ishboo, who played that? Was it Kenan?

If that info is accurate, I'd get Good burger and Vital Information.

Ah wait..Now I remember Ishboo. That was pretty funny. Kenan played another character on All That where he wore these big pants....baggin saggin barry? They should release a best of on that too. I remember Kenan played that character on Nick before "All That" even debuted.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I think you are referring to the All That pilot that aired as a special on Nickelodeon months before All That returned as a series.

John*P

Second Unit

Eh, this doesn't interest me much. Watching "best of" DVDs for certain characters and sketches will get pretty repetitive and boring, IMO. I agree with the person in another thread who said they should release "best ofs" by actor rather than sketch/character. The Superdude/Ishboo and Good Burger discs might be decent...but an entire DVD devoted to the Big Ear of Corn and Vital Information? Last time I checked, the Big Ear of Corn was an inanimate object and Vital Information was a very short segment in which a cast member sits behind a desk and speaks nonsensical sentences into the camera. That doesn't make for a good DVD compilation, IMO...

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
What's the one with Kenan Thompson where he's a chef obsessed with chocolate (I believe in the first season there was a girl who was in the sketch too)?

I remember Chris Farley appearing in one of those sketches as a ketchup-obsessed chef. One of his last appearances anywhere, IIRC.

It used to be a great show...Kenan, Kel Mitchell, Katrina ?, Josh Server?, Alicia Reyes (I had a huge crush on her), Amanda Bynes, Lori Beth Denberg, Danny Tamberelli (I remember it was a huge deal when he joined--the commercials really pimped him), Leon Frierson...

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Jupiter!
I think since All That is the only classic Nick show still on the air, it is a good bet that we be treated to some sort of release. Plus, with the success of such people as Keenan Thompson... and, err... umm... yeah, it is a sure bet. :)
Actually, Kel Mitchell, Josh Server, and even Danny Tamborelli were very good considering the writing was pretty tame.
ry/

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I belief you are referring to Cooking with Randy and Mandy. Which later became just Cooking with Randy.

That sketch was funny. I loved the one with Chris Farley as the chief obcessed with ketchup. The new All That ripped that off with the sketch Suger and Coffee. They also ripped off Detective Dan with the fireman character.

If you want to compare casts, nothing beats the original cast.

Kenan was my favorite castmember. Baggin Sackin Barry ruled. I also loved the Repair Man and Detective Dan sketches.

Of course while Kenan, Kel, Josh, Lori Beth, were great. I also thought Christy Knowings was very underrated.

I want All That to be released in season sets. With all the music included. And hopefully they release the first seasons of All That, and Kenan & Kel on the same date.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Her name is Alisa Reyes, not Alicia Reyes. For the record, I had a crush on her also.

If you want to know what she is doing. She is set to co star in the tv adaption of Barbershop, which will air on Showtime sometime by the end of the year.

Helie

Grip
I'm looking forward to the release of Clarissa...at £13.99 it's a bargain:D
I'm hoping that Alex Mack will be coming to dvd soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks