What's new

Old Hollywood Teen Idols (1 Viewer)

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
Here's any idea that's bopped around in my head for a little bit. I'm talking about those Old Hollywood young women and young men that were touted as heartthrobs and it girls that made the adolescence of yesteryear squeal with enthusiasm.

Of course, Elvis Presley is probably the prototype of the Old Hollywood teen idol. His rock-n-roll shakes and quakes ushered him into the hearts of millions of young girls. There were many other young men that followed suit, among them Fabian, Rick Nelson, Frankie Avalon, Tab Hunter, and Troy Donahue among others. There were young ladies as well that graced many a teenage boy's wall way back when. Some of them included Sandra Dee, Annette Funicello, Natalie Wood, Joi Lansing, and others.

Who are some of your favorites?

FROM LEFT TO RIGHT: Fabian Forte, Rick Nelson, Sandra Dee, and Annette Funicello.

1613672046826.png
1613672052524.png
1613672060199.png
1613672068177.png

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
Farrah Fawcett
She was a looker in her heyday, that's for sure. Farrah was more than just a cover girl, she was a phenomenon. She was the most famous woman on the face of the planet back in the late 1970s. "The Farrah" or the "Farrah-do" was probably more famous than Farrah Fawcett herself. She actually went on to be a well-respected actress in such pieces as The Burning Bed, Extremities, and Small Sacrifices. She died way too early, and went way underutilized in her time.​

1613672844954.png

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
James Dean is a classic example of a Hollywood rebel and teen idol. He was handsome, talented, and immensely popular with the American youth in the early-to-mid 1950s. I'm unsure where his place in the industry would've ended up had he lived, but at the time he seemed destined for true cinematic greatness.
1613759215459.png

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Loved Farrah but I wouldn’t call her an “Old Hollywood Teen Idol”. Too recent imo.

Emcee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Belflower
Loved Farrah but I wouldn’t call her an “Old Hollywood Teen Idol”. Too recent imo.
Well, I thought about it that way too when I first saw the comment. But, when you think about it, Charlie's Angels premiered back in 1976, and that was forty-five years ago. That was way before my time, and even though she wasn't in the era of Elvis, Fabian, Sandra Dee, and Natalie Wood, she was a teen idol that for an era that could now be classified as Old Hollywood.

Of course, Old Hollywood could be differentiated from Classic Hollywood.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks