What's new

Old Guy Need Help...Cue Cat with USB (1 Viewer)

Robert George

Screenwriter
The Cue Cat scanner I have uses a PS/2 plug. Cue Cat is also supposed to work with a keyboard using the "Y" cable atached to the 'Cat. I am switching all my peripherals to USB. Can I still use the Cue Cat? If so, what should my configuration be?
Thanks.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I've heard Radio Shack has a USB version now. You may have to pay for it though, but I think its cheap.
You can probably still use it in the PS2 port even if you have a USB keyboard. Unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to convert this to USB.

Brandon S

Auditioning
Well first ill say that yes it still works with a usb keyboard as long as you have a ps2 keyboard still plugged in. Whats your point to go all usb though? Your keyboard will see no benefits between the two. The irq used for ht ekeyboard cannot be reclaimed. Are you doing it just becuase the marketing has convinced you that usb is somehow better than ps2? You mouse on the other hand will see improvements. Less cpu use when using high poll rates. The ps2 port is limited to 200hz when usualy the default is 50-60. With an 800dpi or higher mouse usb is the only way to go.

Brandon S

Auditioning
Oh yeah i forgot to mention. Unless your bios has a "usb legacy mode" your keyboard will not function until your os is completly loaded. You wont be able to press any keys, including entering setup or pressing f8 for the boot menu (windows).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks