Old computer projector has scrolling lines. WTF?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Travis D, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Travis D

Travis D Second Unit

Alright, I have been assigned to fix the school'd projector before Monday. I will be doing the dirty deed tomarrow around 4:00 Central. Anybody know what would cause a projector to scroll horizontal lines vertically down the computer output image onto the screen.

I don't have any idea about the hookup an or projector hardware since I haven't checked it out yet. If you have ANY theories I am all ears.

2. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick Supporting Actor

Jason Merrick
    It could be a bad connection between the computer and the projector. This happened to me recently and after spending about an hour downloading new video drivers and reading all the FAQ pages on the projectors website, I felt really stupid when I found the connection between the two long monitor cables I was using were slightly less than snug.
    Lesson learned: Check the simple stuff first.

3. Travis D

Travis D Second Unit

I hope to goodness that it ISN'T the cable. That thing is SO far away from the computer that I'm sure the cable has at least 4 or 5 extentions in it. It is also mounted 15 feet above the audience, did I mention that? Replacing that cable would take a couple of hours.

4. JohanK

JohanK Second Unit

Could be that the projector isn't 'syncing' properly to the source.