What's new

Old cell phone number (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
The story itself was very entertaining, but Laura's writing has an "OMG!" teenage-y quality to it that made it a chore to read.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
If it is the same Ken Burns, he does many of the documentaries that air on PBS, he's done one on Baseball, Jazz, etc. etc...

Jay

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I know, and I replied that he is a documentarian. I was implying that documentarians aren't as popular as filmmakers and movie stars.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I'm with Thomas on this. Not everyone watches a lot of documentaries. I don't, but I watch a lot of other films. It's very elitist to think that everyone should know the name of someone like Ken Burns.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
yep.

i havent seen one of his documentaries, either. maybe i recognized his name from browsing around the htf or imdb, but i would think that most people would at least know the name.

CJ

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member

Depends on the context. Now that Mark mentioned it, I do think I remember his name from The Simpsons and I've likely heard it elsewhere. If he called for Chris Rock, I doubt I'd put two and two together. Chris Rock and a documentary? My first thought would be WTF? But after hearing it was on stand-up, well that makes some sense. Even so if the guy didn't specify documentary, I'd assume he was filming a live show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks