What's new

Okay whats next... (1 Viewer)

Natelabo

Stunt Coordinator
I currently am running all JBL Studio speakers. S38II mains, S-CenterII, and S26II surrounds to be exact. Well after getting my ego stroked by all my buddies I come on here to find that my speakers are basically the lowest of the low for you guys :) So I am asking what would be a step up from these. Basically I would like to know what the next logical step (with money in mind) would be. I would like sonic quality that I can tell. And maybe (hopefully) there will not be a next step that is even close to my financial ability cause then I will feel bad no more :) Thanks.
-nate

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Your speakers aren't the lowest of low. While I haven't heard them a quick glance at the stats give me the impression that they are a newer model of the JBL HLS series speakers that I've been using for the past six years. In those years I've upgraded my receiver twice, got my first DVD player then upgraded that, moved from 25" to 27" to 32" on the television and gotten a bigger, more powerful sub but the speakers have been satisfying all the way. Well awhile back I paired one of my older receivers with a couple of 10" tower speakers for an independent two channel system but I've never even felt the need to consider upgrading my JBLs.

Jason GT

Second Unit
My thoughts: Don't get caught up in getting equipment comparable to a bunch of people that you'll never meet. :)

If you're happy with your system, stick with it. Don't buy stuff just to 'impress' people here. For a bit of perspective:

I have a modest setup. There are posters here who have almost certainly spent more on cables than I have on my entire setup. There are others who have 'bedroom' systems which blow my setup out of the water.

As to your original question: do lots of listening to other speakers if you're really in the mood to upgrade.

Do you have a subwoofer? If you don't, that's a purchase you may want to consider.

Natelabo

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the posts. Currently I am using a DIY Shiva Subwoofer w/ 250w Parts Express Amp. And I think you got to the bottom of it. I need someone to tell me that I need to upgrade :) Not to impress them. But to have the bigger and better :)
-nate

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks