OKAY... new problem... reformatted HD, IT WONT INSTALLL WIN98!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NickSo, Jan 24, 2002.

1. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Okay, so seeing how i couldnt fix the problem in "argh... installed old 3D card, now win98 wont boot!", i just gave up and reformatted.
    So i reformat it, boot it up again with the Win98 Bootdisk that asks for CDRom support. I select Yes. Run setup in windows. It says like 'now preparing to install Win98' with the 0-100% blue bar thing. Well after it completes to 100%, AT FIRST just a black box popped up and it stalls. Then it started showing the black box and some 'runtime error'. NOW, it just restarts itself..
    I think its something with the hardware.. [​IMG]

2. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Try removing and re-seating all the RAM and cards. Very likely something isn't connected 100%. Double and tripple-check all the IDE and floppy cables too.

3. Thom B

Thom B Stunt Coordinator

This may be obvious, but you have pulled the video card that started the whole problem, correct? If not, I'd definitely reccomend getting it out of the way.

I had an old HP Pavillion that wouldn't boot at all when I plugged in a second card until I disabled the onboard chipset.

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Well, i finally figured out the problem to my Win98 not installing... I had my VirusChecking option in my BIOS enabled. I figured out the Runtime error was R6003, figured it was that, and i got it running... [​IMG]
    Thanks alot ppl.. now that i got a fresh install, ill just install my Monster3D with it...
    thanks again! [​IMG]

5. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Oh! Deselect the virus check option in your bios.
    [​IMG]
    Glad you found it!