What's new

OKAY... new problem... reformatted HD, IT WONT INSTALLL WIN98! (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Okay, so seeing how i couldnt fix the problem in "argh... installed old 3D card, now win98 wont boot!", i just gave up and reformatted.
So i reformat it, boot it up again with the Win98 Bootdisk that asks for CDRom support. I select Yes. Run setup in windows. It says like 'now preparing to install Win98' with the 0-100% blue bar thing. Well after it completes to 100%, AT FIRST just a black box popped up and it stalls. Then it started showing the black box and some 'runtime error'. NOW, it just restarts itself..
I think its something with the hardware.. :frowning:

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Try removing and re-seating all the RAM and cards. Very likely something isn't connected 100%. Double and tripple-check all the IDE and floppy cables too.

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
This may be obvious, but you have pulled the video card that started the whole problem, correct? If not, I'd definitely reccomend getting it out of the way.

I had an old HP Pavillion that wouldn't boot at all when I plugged in a second card until I disabled the onboard chipset.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Well, i finally figured out the problem to my Win98 not installing... I had my VirusChecking option in my BIOS enabled. I figured out the Runtime error was R6003, figured it was that, and i got it running... :rolleyes
Thanks alot ppl.. now that i got a fresh install, ill just install my Monster3D with it...
thanks again! :)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Oh! Deselect the virus check option in your bios.
:)
Glad you found it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks