What's new

Okay, my SVS isn't working. :( (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"We have tech support guys from SVS ON this forum. Wow. what other people do we have here."

I always love to hear this stuff! I guess people don't realize where all the discussions started, and all the measurements from Tom were first posted.

Sure is good to be a 5 year member here!

B

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Hey, stuff breakes, and unless you want to spend $50,000 for a subwoofer amp, it will happen!

As long as you get a new one under warranty, don't sweat it!

Dale Ridgway

Auditioning
I too have the same problem with my pc+16-46 (no power and blown fuses) and was told I by tech support that I was going to have to ship her back. No problem untill I got my shipping quote from the UPS store....YIKES!!!!
No problem, Ill just have ship it in a week or two....
Then an unexpected financial crisis hit and I cant let myself let go of any disposable cash. Its been over 7 weeks right now and my SVS has become a 70 lb paper weight. Now that its gone, it's without a doubt the single biggest upgrade I ever purchased for home theater. All of that DEEP LOW BASS I took for granted just isnt there anymore. The walls no longer shake and the double pane windows no longer flex and the concusion in explosions no longer exists. Life was so much easier before I ever knew what I was missing.:frowning:

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Dale,

Our first series of PC+ amps weren't fully user serviceable like all current ones are, so the very rare failures with those do have to come back.

Drop us a line though. It's possible we can arrange something with UPS that's more affordable. Some of the packing stores are pretty outrageous. If you have your shipping box it shouldn't be that expensive and repairs that do have to come back to the shop usually go back on our nickle, so I hope we can get you back up very soon.

[email protected]

Ron

Nathan Bjork

Stunt Coordinator
This is kinda off subject, but my car amp is doing the same thing! (blowing fuses once they are put in. old amp works fine) Just let me know if u fix it without having it replaced. Thanks :)

LCSeminole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Laurence
I've always been a Velodyne type of guy for my home theater subwoofers but having read through this thread I must fully admit that Ron and Tom have been very professional and very helpful. I am so impressed with the SVS customer service that at this point I can honestly say an SVS will be my next subwoofer purchase. As for you SVS owners, count your blessings, not many home theater companies go out of their way to make things right.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>I've always been a Velodyne type of guy for my home theater subwoofers but having read through this thread I must fully admit that Ron and Tom have been very professional and very helpful. I am so impressed with the SVS customer service that at this point I can honestly say an SVS will be my next subwoofer purchase. As for you SVS owners, count your blessings, not many home theater companies go out of their way to make things right.

LCSeminole

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Laurence
Actually Tom, I haven't had to find out first hand, (knock on wood), how Velodyne's customer service is. Let's hope I never have to. :D Anyhow it is very refreshing to see how proactive you and Ron are!!! Keep up the great customer relations!!!

Chris_Cur

Agent
Update:

I got in touch with Tom from SVS via e-mail, and he had me run through some tests on my subwoofer to determine whether it was an amp or woofer problem. It turned out to be my amp, so they said they would send me a new one, along with instructions on how to install it. This was on Friday.

The new amp arrived via UPS late Wednesday night. It came with replacement screws, a square bit (needed to remove the amp), and instructions. Replacing the amp was a piece of cake, and it seemed to fix the problems. I let the sub run pretty low for the rest of Wednesday and Thursday, but I turned it up a little today. Everything seems to be working fine.

A big thumbs up to SVS for their customer support. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks