What's new

Okay, Let me get this straight. (1 Viewer)

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have TIVO on one HD set and a regular HD receiver on my other HD set. I was previously told that HD was not available with TIVO through DTV. I found out it is. Of course TWC allows HD DVR through an offer they have but with DTV it seems as if I have to shell out over a grand to get the box "AND" I have to purchase it through a place like Best Buy or Circuit City... is this accurate?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
First, DTV is now the standard acronym for 'digital television'. DirecTV is D*. It's sometimes confusing when you are talking about a D* system that also pick up OTA DTV.

It's been almost a year since the HD DirecTivo was announce and it's been on the market since around May. The supply is just catching up with demand so you are now seeing them in stores. My local Best Buy had around 10 last weekend. This weekend they had 2. One a day isn't bad if you look at the price.

-Robert

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator
yes, you are right I do have D* and I definately wouldn't want to take a step backwards. I appreciate your assistance. I am assuming the longer I hold out, the more practical the price will become. I already have HDTV on another set anyway. I just use TIVO for stuff I know I am going to miss which is 95% non-HD.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I Tivo EVERYTHING and watch HD live when I happen to be in front of the TV when a good show is on. Unfortunately, I'm addicted to Tivo and watch it about 95% of the time.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoobird
Recent bookmarks