Okay...I think the NumberSlate experiment is over...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ScottH, Feb 15, 2002.

1. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    Numberslate has rather quickly fallen from grace in the last two or so weeks. Basically the same old story...titles being out of stock, titles temporarily saying "available" only to never leave my queue and go back to "unavailable". There are even several movies (that I would even consider mainstream) that are currently available on DVD, but they don't even have a release date for them. Even the customer service, which when I started was VERY good has gone to basically non-existent. I just sent them an email with all my complaints, so I'm waiting to see how they respond. My guess is they don't.

So the question now becomes...where do I go from here? I've tried Netflix, RentMyDVD, and DVDBarn and haven't been happy with any of them. I have heard from a handful of people that Netflix has gotten a little better. Do I give them another shot?

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

FWIW, I've been seeing quicker turnover at RentMyDVD lately. I suspect these things ebb and flow at all of the rental sites.

Now the mails are another story. I'm in NYC, and discs can take anywhere from a day to a week to travel between RMD's New Jersey warehouse and my home.

M.

3. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    Thanks for the info Michael. Interestingly, while I didn't receive a direct reply from them, within a few hours of when I sent Numberslate the complaint email, I received emails that 3 of the titles in my queue shipped (all new releases). So does this mean I just have to complain every week in order to get the titles I want?

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul