1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Okay...I admit it...I enjoyed Rock Star

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ScottH, Feb 10, 2002.

1. ScottH

ScottH Producer

Scott Hanson
    After all the negative things I heard about this movie, I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, it was cheesy, and the script left a lot to be desired, but it really held my attention for 110 minutes. Good performances by Dominic West and Timothy Spall. I do think Mark Wahlberg was completely mis-cast. I'm trying to think who I would have preferred in the "Izzy" role, but no one comes to mind.

So in any event, I'm by no means calling it a great movie, but IMHO, it was 110 minutes of pure entertainment.

2. josh4040

josh4040 Second Unit

I agree this movie was no where near as bad as I thought it would be. and a decent bargin for 12 bucks.

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Just watched a rented copy today, and I was pleasantly surprised and entertained.

M.

4. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Add me to the list of people that enjoyed this movie - solid entertainment (and Jennifer Aniston is hot, btw) [​IMG]

5. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    I too, enjoyed this movie. Not entirely the best movie. But adaquitely good.
    I think its well worth the $12 I paid.