What's new

Okay, how do I *NOT* come across as a stalker? (1 Viewer)

MikeM

Screenwriter
FFl = Fantasy Football League
Joel, never call the same day a girl gives you her number. Never. And don't wait more than three days or so either. That's usually too long (and the dialog from Singles can back me up on that.)
Lots of people don't even have Caller ID, so I wouldn't even mention that. If you bring it up, then you have to go into a deep long discussion that involves a previous marriage and what not. Save that converstation for second date.
I've watched enough RendeViews and Blind Dates to know what I'm talking about ;) ...then again, because I watch TV all day, maybe that's why no girls call me. Kididng. :D

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
You got digits baby! Our little baby's all grown up. Joel's all grown up tonight! Oh, I'm the asshole in the thread? I'm the asshole? :D
Swingers IS life.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Or maybe she noticed, Joel, and she is into a 3-way. I'd ask her right away if I were you, just so you don't miss out on the opportunity.
;)
More seriously, unless you are a cocky and STUPID SOB, anytime a man notices that a woman seems to be hinting about being asked out, they have probably been busting their ass to get you to notice and it's a no brainer.
I've NEVER been shutdown by a girl when I was certain I was getting signals. Compared to my success rate otherwise it's not even close. :) Men are thick-headed by nature in this area, usually finding it hard to believe a woman is really thinking that way since we are always the pursurers (normally).
Now I know a few cocky guys who think EVERY woman is after them...they are mostly wrong. ;)
So rule of thumb, if women don't normally flirt around with you (in your opinion) and one is (IYO) then she is probably getting tired of you not noticing by the time you've noticed. :D

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Hey man, we care:D
Anyway this would have been my advice-maybe it will help someone else:
Its only been 24 hours.If she doesnt contact you in a week call her back. If she still doesnt contact you,forget her and move on.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Men are thick-headed by nature in this area, usually finding it hard to believe a woman is really thinking that way since we are always the pursurers (normally).
Phew, I am glad you said that, I thougth I was the only clueless one... When this happens, usually it's another female who points it out to you. They are MUCH better at reading each other than we are reading them.

--
Holadem

TimDoss

Second Unit
I would call her at least 8 more times in the next 6 hours and if she still doesn't return them go camp out on her
front lawn. Chicks dig that. Another tactic that works pretty well
is to go to her work and stand behind something so that only half of your face shows
and just watch her for a while... three or four days should do it. She'll see that you're really interested in her
and agree to go out with you.
If all else fails you can find out who her friends and family are and go and talk with them about her all the time.
The object here is to show her just how into her you are... she should find it extremely romantic.

Andy_S

Second Unit
Why be so subtle? Wait for her to go to work, then move all your stuff into her place. She'll be so happy to come home and find a new live-in boyfriend waiting for her!

TimDoss

Second Unit
"Wait for her to go to work, then move all your stuff into her place."

I like it! I think, too, that you should buy some rope and
duct tape just in case she doesn't realize yet that you're
meant to be together. Keep her from running away so you can
convince her. It's for her own good.

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Now comes the part WE enjoy... we want details Joel. All the gory details. Leave nothing out, well, except the boring stuff.

Great to hear she called back!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks