What's new

Okay Guys, So what do you think of FLUANCE? (1 Viewer)

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Guys--
I've been a'lookin at Fluance Speakers and they're very interesting..
But the price for that awesome package: $199, almost too good to be true!
Could the speakers be total crap or something?
Beleve me, the don't look like crap.. But again looks can decive.
So, tell me what you think and get back with me,
Also, if you want to see pics of Fluance speakers go to www.fluance.com and click on the $199.99 USDA one..
Thanks!
Nathan
------------------
"Fascinating Captian"
--Spock
Visit www.speedemenu.com

Bruce N

Second Unit
Several people have posted that they've been impressed with the Fluance speakers. I'm seriously considering getting the $199 set just to see what they're like.
Search the hardware forum for "Fluance" and you'll get several responses.
Bruce
------------------
"Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform?"

Bruce N

Second Unit
One drawback I just found when placing an order. $49 shipping to Virginia.
frown.gif

Bruce
------------------

John Desmond

Stunt Coordinator
My mom told me if it sounds too good to be true it is. I've seen some hooky websites but this one takes the cake. Notice that they don't really answer who they are or where they are. They claim to be "the choice of audio enthusiasts around the world" yet don't take orders except from U.S. or Canada. NO money back guarantee. Plenty of better ways to spend my audio dollars. Buyer Beware.

Steve Schick

Stunt Coordinator
NathanP, what is your email address? I have a question for you but your email address is not listed and your messaging is not enabled.
------------------
You liked the movie? ......Try it on a nine foot screen.
My DVD Profiler Collection

NathanP

Supporting Actor
Alright my messaging is working now..
So, anyone got anything else to say?
I would realy like some more suggestions.
Thanks!
Nathan
------------------
"Fascinating Captian"
--Spock
Visit www.speedemenu.com

Bruce N

Second Unit
John Desmond:
Normally I'd agree with you but several forum members have posted that they've actually bought the Fluance set up and have been impressed with them for the money. I'm going to give them a try.
Bruce
------------------

John Desmond

Stunt Coordinator
Bruce:
Well, they HAVE to like them since they bought them and can't send them back. I'd say sure, they're cheap enough it hardly matters, but I just have a problem sending my money just anywhere. The whole thing just does not impress me in the least. Anyway, good luck, hope they work out for you!

Bruce N

Second Unit
Well, I don't think they HAVE to like them just because they can't return them. I certainly won't. If they're junk then I'll most certainly say so.
I have a killer setup in my main room and I decided that since I had spent 20k+ on it that I would like to see what $500 would get me. In my other room I already have a 35" TV and a DirecTV receiver. The speakers in this TV are terrible, even watching the news it's hard to understand the dialog. I'm getting the Fluance speakers and probably a Kenwood VR-507 receiver. We'll see what happens.
If the Fluance speakers are really really junky then I'll give them to my 14yo nephew who will absolutely love them and it'll still be money well spent.
Bruce
------------------

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
I'm sure for $199, it's an OK set. I wouldn't expect much more than $199 worth of sound though.
The big thing that gets me is their customer service policy (or lack there of).
Already mentioned is no returns for any reason. It's fairly rare to see an internet company that doesn't at least give 7 days for returns.
Second is that you only have 10 days for damage or defective returns, and in that case you're out return shipping......so they send you a bum set of speakers and you get stuck paying the shipping to get to you, and the return shipping before they'll replace their problem.
That just doesn't sound like good business to me.
Plus, their site looks like every website that's linked from Yahoo shopping. Has the same layout and template and browsing......don't know why that bugs me, but it does. It just looks cheap.

Bruce N

Second Unit
I have a set on order, when they arrive I'll give then a small review and maybe take some pics. I probably won't have them 'til next week sometime.
Bruce
------------------

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
I looked at Fluance before and I saw this
product_78397.gif

..the SM645F, which were later discontinued. They look neat and for the price really tempting. So I call them about the other spkrs they got. The guy was kinda not helpful I thought since he didn't give me any other info on anything. And when I asked about their return policy, he just said "read the policy". So I went along my merry way. I think if ur going to get low price spkrs, look at the HTD towers. Great prices and u can return them after 30 days if they suck for u.
------------------
Eric Samonte
Dito sa Pilipinas..may Hom Tiyeter rin kami!

Kevin_W

Second Unit
Nathan, something I noticed on the $199 complete set was that the mains have 1" tweeters while the center/surrounds have 3/4" tweeters. There may be some undesired sonic differences between them. Something to think about.
Bruce, please do keep us updated on your findings. My brother in law is interested in an affordable set and this looks tempting if they're worth anything.
Kevin

Merconium

Agent
Real Name
Jeff
From their Contact page:
Contact Information (Customer Service):
Circus World
Unit #333, 2315 Whirlpool Street
Niagara Falls, NY, USA 14305
Circus World? Yeah, the choice of so many audio enthusiasts. They might be great speakers, but I just don't know....

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Bruce,
Hope your speaks arive A-ok as My nephews and Erich's did. Erich posted the first small review of these, helping another friend enter the world of HT.
Bruce if you keep in mind what you paid for these unknowns, I think you will be more than pleased. I recommend a powered Sub, as bass is shallow and when pushed they just give up. With speakers set to small and sub in line prepare to smile. This, assuming a decent movie volume. Med loud to loud. Sorry for the piss poor volume descriptions.
-----------
Pleased yeh, but SHOCKED is more the word I would use to describe the sound,,,,, as I was totally!
-----------
The posting done to warn of no refunds etc, are all things people looking to buy these speaks should definitly take into consideration. Our experiences where good, yes, but will every other sale be the same??? Im refering to, ariveing on time, possible damage in shipment, and finally the quailty of sound you feel your 199.00 + shiping bought!
Those who want to know more about the 5 speaker Fluance package, please do a search for ~Fluance~
Erich, and his friend, alond with I, have posted info along with our thoughts of these way to cheap speaks....
Also Bruce, please follow threw with your opinion on the no name speaker package, as I would be very suprised to here you where not pleasantly suprised!
Good luck
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks