What's new

Okay, FOX, after a tremendously disappointing "75th Anniversary" year on DVD... how about giving us (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The ALIENS set was undeniably awesome, but not much else stood out in your big celebration program other than the massive and horrednously expensive Elia Kazan box set, of which about 75% had been previously released and, no doubt, already long-ago purchased by Kazan fans. So now, after what I have to presume must have been very limited sales of the box set, why would it be such a big deal to offer the thousands of us waiting for them the individual releases of WILD RIVER, A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN, PINKY, and VIVA ZAPATA? Had you done that prior to January 1, you might truly have had a DVD year worth celebrating!

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I think you meant to say MAN ON A TIGHTROPE rather than [COLOR= #b22222]PINKY [/COLOR]which has been out on DVD for several years now.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
How about a Linda Darnell box-set of her movies still awaiting a DVD release? Improbable in today's economic climate? Yes. Impossible? No.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
OUr little man fromFox was on this forum several weeks ago claiming he would be back soon with some exciting news for us. Of course, we haven;t heard a damn thing from him since.

It has been rumoroed for a long time that Fox is thinking of doing a MOD program for Fox movies.FOX DO SOMETHING

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Fox has been disappointing for a few years now . At least when it comes to classic movies . When they announced the Big 75th celebration i was a bit skeptical . And as it turns out for good reason .

At least Twilight and Shout are releasing some of Fox catalog titles . Now if Fox gets on board with an mod program maybe we will finally get to some of those classic titles that they seem to have abandoned .

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Amen to that. I think people on this and other forums have been very supportive of the other active MOD programs (namely Warner Acrhives and Columbia Classics), and I've picked up MOD DVDs of movies even that get TCM airings. So it's time for Fox to jump in more. How about starting with TRICK FOR TRICK ('33), which exists because it's been airing in museum revivals.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Joe Caps

OUr little man fromFox was on this forum several weeks ago claiming he would be back soon with some exciting news for us. Of course, we haven;t heard a damn thing from him since.

It has been rumoroed for a long time that Fox is thinking of doing a MOD program for Fox movies.FOX DO SOMETHING

I may have ticked him off for taking him to task on hinting THE KREMLIN LETTER was going to be a Fox release, while it was actually being released by an independent label and had nothing to do with the Fox anniversary.

While that kind of showmanship gets to me, I would like to hear some news, but I guess there isn't any.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Yeah, Fox has been incredibly dormant on DVD, while picking up the pace slightly in the Blu-ray department, with 12 O'clock High coming this May along with a few others. All double dips (triple throwing Patton in the mix), but at least better than last year.

I'd at least like the titles in the Kazan set to show up as singles, along with Cavalcade. Hasn't exactly been showing any more support for its MGM license either, just the same Blu-ray rereleases.

Sure, there's Twilight Time, but the recent disappointment with Fox not providing an anamorphic transfer to its latest release, its a rather limited alternative despite Screen Archive's best efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks