What's new

ok ... your suggestions for a $1,000 6.1 Spkr set-up (1 Viewer)

Sean Mullin

Agent
Assuming all things are equal like Amp and other components... (amp runs between 85 and 100 watts per channel), What systems do you recommend to fit this criteria? Aside from price, Why do you favour the one you have listed (please be specific)?

thanks in Advance

Jon Sciabica

Agent
Amp: Panasonic SA-HE200

Speakers: HTD Level 3 (if you stretch a little you can get the "Y Combo")

IMO, literally the best you can do in that price range, and you could spend double and not notice the difference. It will sound awesome. Of course, as often the case is, I am recomending what I have, but I researched quite a bit before purchasing.

The Panny, has all the features you could want in that price range, Component video switching, DolbyDigital EX, DTS-ES, 100 WattPerChannel.

The HTD's literally compete with products at twice the price.

You'll have to read revies for specifics.

Pus Suchre

Stunt Coordinator
I like the JBL Northridge series:
2 mains
-E100s $600
4 surrounds
-E10s $250
1 center
-EC35 $170

sub woofer is extra :)
-SVS 20-39PCi Subwoofer $620

Joey_V

Second Unit
i have a hard time believing that htd speakers sound better than speakers (or atleast sound equal to) twice its price. i find this very misleading. as you may have already read in some other thread - i took my axiom m22 (highly regarded and always mentioned as being as good as speakers twice or even thrice its price).... and i came back after auditioning more than 12 similar bookshelf speakers not to be the case.

so, in my opinion, we must all be watchful and always take the comment "as good or better than speakers twice the price" with a grain of salt...

anyway, back to the topic...
for under 1g -

the best speaker set would be:
probably the polk rti series speakers from circuitcity (cc cant sell the rti no more, only tweeter is allowed to, hence, cc is getting rid of the rti polks at rock bottom prices).... you can get an rti8 for 500/pair and a pair of rti4 bookshelves for 175/pr.. center for approx $150-200... sub is free at times with speaker purchase... and the amp can be a yamaha 200-300$ amp.

pretty much everything under 1g.... maybe just a tad over.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks