What's new

OK you new 50H81 owners, do the 56pt. yet? (1 Viewer)

Meaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meaux
Whadda think of this set? I'm gonna build a pedestal on wheels cause I think it's just a little to low. I did the same with the old 48" and people always thought the set was larger than a 48". I raised the old one 5 1/2" and I think this 50H81 should be about 6 1/2". The only problem is the rear wheels on the TV are not at a 90deg. angle w/ the front wheels. Just takes a little more time..:)
So far I like it, just can't settle on a screen size yet.:)

DennisHP

Second Unit
I just picked up mine last night from Sears and personally, I do not think it's too low. The screen is eye-level sitting on it's own castors and that works for me.
I did the 9 point convergence and adjusted the contrast etc... before watching my first DVD. Which was Gladiator and it looked fantastic via my Tosh SD-2200 and component cables! I have a JVC Progressive Scan on the way and will probably do the 56 point convergence this weekend after running Avia and then proceed to watch all my fav DVD's again.
Also, I was surprised to see how good the Dish material looked after hearing many report how bad it looked. I decided to watch all 4:3 material via TheaterWide mode 1.

Meaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meaux
I like my TV raised because it keeps the sloppy kids in the dining area and the food out of the livin room.:)
Yea, I'm kinda stuck on T.Wide 1 also, except when I'm watchin the news and I don't want to see the scrolling bar at the bottom, gives me a headache. Bad enough the LIVE logos etc., and the other captions goin on at the same time, PITA. Before you know it you won't be able to see who's doin the talkin..:)

Doug_JC

Grip
DennisHP
At first I thought I was going to buy a sony hs30, but I have seen so many good comments on this toshiba's I'm having secon thoughts. How good did the 4x3 stuff look? How bad was the stretching

DennisHP

Second Unit
Doug_JC,
I immediately switched to TW1 mode and have not looked back. MY picture from Dish looks fantastic (I get a signal strength of 120-123) and stretching is almost imperceptible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks