What's new

Ok, Who's Additced To Lip Balm? (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I sure am...I need the stuff 24-7 or else I'd go insane. I know there have been articles about the addictiveness of chapsticks. There's something about the smooth, waxy texture that soothes the surface of the lips. I use Blistex lipbalm in the green tube. Anyone else want to share their lip blam views? Does anyone think their is a secret additive to keep customers buying?

LewB

Screenwriter
Don't know when I started, but I can not leave the house without a chapstick in my pocket !

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
I can not leave the house without a chapstick
Ditto that, though the "addiction" seems to be less in the summer. In my nightstand, I have about 3 spare tubes that I have pulled out of clothing at one time or another and just tossed in there.

I do know that my affinity with Chapstick began in High School, but the problem was, my (rather large) group of friends would always ask to use my Chapstick, which I didn't think was very sanitary...so I had a tube for me and one for everyone else who asked.:D They never knew the difference!:D

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I also need it 24/7

I nearly cry when I forget to remove it from my pants/shorts pockets and it goes thru the washer and dryer and ends up in "Chap Stick Heavan". :frowning:

My favorite: The Original Chap Stick

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
I prefer Carmex, but I'll use anything. I also love the Blistex 30 spf in the blue tube. I have some sort of lip stuff for every jacket and bag I own as well as all over my apartment. My mom gave me some Chapstick Ultra 30 spf (I'm a skier/snowboarder hence the focus on sunscreen) and I really like it also! It has a lemony taste.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe I am replying to this.

Only in the winter. Original Chapstick fan here also :emoji_thumbsup:

--
Holadem

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Just when I think I've seen a thread on just about everything...hehe, You guys are very great. Yeah, i think a few years ago I had a chapstick addiction. ;) :emoji_thumbsup:

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
:eek: how'd you overcome the addiction, Josh? cold turkey? rehab? the chapstick patch?

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I'm addicted to the stuff too. . I just have really dry skin and need it all the time.

For those who use the medicated types (Carmex, Blistex, etc) please be aware that they are designed to dry out your lips! The medication is to treat cold sores and the best way to do that is to dry them out. If you're just using it as a lip balm, stick to the unmedicated stuff like regular Chapstik. Otherwise, you're stuck in a vicious cycle where your lips are dry so you put stuff on, then the stuff dries your lips out more. Not pretty.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
How can you be 'addicted' to this stuff?

im sorry, but i HATE the waxy greasy oily feeling it has on my lips.. yuck... Its like i have vaseline smeared all over my mouth...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just when you think you've heard it all.... :D

I'm with NickSo, I really hate the feeling of my lips being coated with gunk. It's bad enough when my lips chap in the winter and I HAVE to use the stuff occasionally, but voluntarily using it all the time.... ;)

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
I like chapstick,, but I hate it when my wife slabs on vasaline before bed and then wants to kiss me good night...

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I was at Jekyl and Hydes in New York and one of the actors grabbed someones Lip Balm and yelled out

"OH NO! IT'S A BALM!" (i.e. bomb)

and then dove under a table :D

This was quite a few years ago...I doubt he still does that joke now-a-days, but it was funny at the time.

Mark Frank

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe no one has posted this site yet:

Lip Balm Anonymous

Hilarious site!

BTW, I am seriously of the opinion that it is sort of addictive. I used Blistex religously for quite awhile many times a day. I finally decided to stop cold turkey and after about a week, I didn't get the "cravings" that I needed to put more on. My lips just adjusted, I guess.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
"Hi, my name is Ted and I'm a chapstick addict!"

oh boy ... this stuff is like crack to me. as a matter of fact, i have two tubes in my pockets right now...guess i forgot to take one out.

just recently i headed to san francisco for a day trip and realized that i forgot my chapstick. i literally started to kinda freak-out cuz i knew i was gonna be jonesin' for it soon. i started to get all sweaty, etc. talk about crazy.

i can't leave home without it.

i've been using this stuff since i was a kid - probably somewhere around 10ish. i haven't stopped since.

i've tried all flavors and types, but i gotta admit..chapstick is still the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks