What's new

Ok - Where to actually find a RP91 in stock for a decent price?? (1 Viewer)

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Pardon me, Andy for my confusion. When you ask me if it is worth it to get burned again, are you implying that edigitalstop is untrustworthy? I don't want to deal with a company that has a track record for "less than stellar" business dealings.

However, you say at the end of your post, "Either way, good choice." Does this mean that you think that edigitalstop is a reputable business?

The reason I am asking is because I might need to shop with edigitalstop.com if J & R does not honor their price-matching policy as has been demonstrated by some of the sales staff.

Thanks again for any help you can give me.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Bill,

If it was me, i'd first want to know if they are an authorized dealer. I picked up an RP-91 from J&R for a $1.00 less than your paying ($434.00 total including shipping). J&R is an authorized Panny dealer.

I've never heard of the store you mention which doesn't mean they aren't authorized.... i'd check it out though.

Bill Gato

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Chip,

Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard of edigitalstop.com either. I guess your advice is sage and I'll shop at J&R.

However, has it been your experience that the price matching that previous posters have mentioned about giving a name of a customer is a guaranteed way to get the $434.00 price you received?

J&R's website advertises the Panny RP-91 for $499. How exactly did you get that great deal?

Thanks again for your help.

Chip E

Screenwriter
Bill,

It's been my experience if you call and assert the fact that you have "friends" that received the good price, you'll get it too.. J&R is pretty good that way. You may get a salesman who doesn't budge but, it's rare at J&R. If that happens hang up and call back, lol... I forgot the guy's name who i spoke to but, it mat be somewhere around the dvd player forum in a thread. You shouldn't have a problem. Good luck.

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Bill,
I personally have no experience with edigitalstop, I was just saying that if you can go with JandR, you will not be burned again. Just saying that even if edigitalstop was trustworthy, I would still go through JandR, because we all know they are.
And my "either way good choice" comment was to say which ever way you go, you have made a great choice in DVD players, no matter where you are purchasing it.
Sorry for the confusion! :)
- Andy

ChristopherK

Auditioning
Andy -
Big thanks for your pointers (and Art's) on calling J&R and getting a good price on the RP91. My girlfriend called, got Paul as her CSR, mentioned that you had just purchased the unit for $425 (hope you don't mind), and got it for the same price, no hassles. He did have to ask his manager as well, but it wasn't any trouble at all.
The unit is still backordered, but it was nice to get such a good deal.
Again thanks to Andy and Art for helping out the rest of us.
ChristopherK
:emoji_thumbsup:

Daniel R

Auditioning
The plot appears to be thickening on RP91 availability. I've been trying to find one in stock for about 4 weeks, and today I noiticed that J&R removed it from their site.

I can't imagine that Panisonic would just let the '91 die. It must have been a good seller for them. Does anyone have news about what we might expect in the future for Panisonic high-end players? I've seen the posts about the RP82 and related models, but I have yet to get exicited.

- D

ace peterson

Second Unit
I was thinking about getting the rp91 myself, and thought I'd check the JandR site, too. It is not listed on their site, but I called and talked to a salesman there and he said they still carry it. It is still backordered at this point he said and he was hopeful they would have some in about 2 weeks. I didn't order one yet, but I think I'll call back next week or so and check again.

You'd think Panasonic would be making these players like none-other!?

Fred Galpern

Agent
I just got off the phone with a salesman at JandR and his manager would not let him go below $469 including shipping for the RP91. I mentioned Charles Overby and he still owuldn't budge. Additionally he said there was no way of knowing when they would be available and if the price point will change. Any thoughts? I could pre-order at this price and hopefully avoid any price increase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks