What's new

OK, Where Is Green Acres? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it will be THAT long a wait.

When we first heard it might be coming, we heard about a Nov. 2003 date, right? Well, MGM's announced their complete DVD slate through the end of December, and it's not on there, so it won't be 2003.

In the news item I posted at TVShowsOnDVD, I had to say "All we know is that it won't hit stores before 2004", because that's the God's-honest truth. That's all I know.

But my gut instinct is that it will be announced shortly for release in January. That's just a feeling, and you shouldn't place any bets on it.

But if I'm right, it's just a 90-ish day wait from today. Merely a couple of months after the initial (unofficial, never-confirmed) timeframe. Not too bad.

I'm sure half the forum would have loved to buy Green Acres (and Lost In Space) for Ron as a holiday present. Alas, he'll have to settle for a gift certificate as an "IOU". :wink:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
But my gut instinct is that it will be announced shortly for release in January. That's just a feeling, and you shouldn't place any bets on it.
Well, that was a short wait. I still don't have a date, but I know it's in January for $39.98!! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

(Joe, I wish I know what your post meant!)

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
DVD File now says January:

Just in from MGM Home Entertainment is the studio's January lineup of new catalog and TV on DVD releases. Yes, they are finally here...two of the silliest if most beloved sitcoms of all time: Green Acres: The Complete First Season and The Best of Mister Ed: Volume 1. MGM will also release Stargate SG-1: Season 5 and, making its DVD debut, Jeremiah: Season 1. Stay tuned for specs...
Peace,

DM

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
January 13th, to be exact. To see the final cover art for the release, you'll have to go to the TVShowsOnDVD news item; I'm unable to link to it here.

Mister Ed fans note that the talking horse gets released the same day, at the same price, and you get 21 episodes spread out from over the first 4 seasons.

Oh, and about the post above mine: don't you mean SCOOTERVILLE? :laugh:

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
There is an actual town in southern Florida called Greenacres, not too far from where I live. I always chuckle when I drive by the Greenacres City Hall or Greenacres library (which is surprisingly large, all things considered :)), although I then pay the price of having that damned song rattling around in my head for the rest of the day. :) It is located just where I said it is. Look up zip code 33413 or 33463 on MapQuest ;)

("Remember, this is Eva Gabor, not Zsa Zsa. Eva is the Good Gabor. Eva will not harm you" - Nick at Nite promotion for Greenacres)

Regards,

Joe

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I really can't wait to get Green Acres: Season 1 in January because Green Acres is one of my favorite TV shows.

BTW: The trailer park where I live (Breinigsville, PA) is called Green Acres.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Remember, this is Eva Gabor, not Zha Zha. Eva is the Good Gabor. Eva will not harm you.
Yeah, Eva didn't slap any cops, like Zsa Zsa did! ;)

I think we better not look for Ron come January 13th. He'll be a bit busy with both Green Acres and Lost In Space! :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks