Ok took the plunge, no I am not crazy!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Jack

Jack Agent

Hi Fellow forum friends,
    Well from scanning the threads for months lots of research in town, I decided and did in fact order my new Toshiba 65hdx82; ONLINE!!! Went to the local authorized dealer and he said 60 days and it would cost more (of course). So ordered from etronics, got the 5 year warrantee, with shipping all came to about $2950.
    Nope I have never laid eyes on this set, never seen any of the hdx series, heck barely looked at the 57h82 at best buy, I just went by what you posted here on this site.
    Crazy no, just don't let my wife know hehehehe...
    Oh by the way my Dog "Spuds" of 15 years left us just before thanksgiving so I needed something to take my mind off of him. If the wife goes guess I can upgrade to a plasma [​IMG]
    Naw rather keep the wife someone has to find the remote hey!! [​IMG]
    Jack

2. MichaelFusick

MichaelFusick Second Unit

Hope it works out for you...

Buying online, a set you have yet to see...

What if it dies like some of the HDX models did, when you first turn it on?

Or you don't like it? Or it's too big?

Buying locally is always a good idea for RPTV's.

Let us know how it turns out.

3. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Well i think alot of people would be flattered that you trust our opinions, but we all have different opinions.so I ahve to point out that buying before seeing may have been a bit of a mistake. But I hope you enjoy the tv and umm i guess i hope you dont go plasma any time soon...... but you know [​IMG] maybe you could switch to goldfish for your next pet.... imagine where your home theater will be in five years [​IMG]

4. ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool Producer

ManW
    eTronics, aye? I hope it works out for you. I would personally feel rather uneasy ordering from them. Did you at least try OneCall.com? Yeah, they'd probably charge more, but at least they're quite reputable and been around for a long time. Is eTronics even an authorized dealer?
    Enjoy! I know I will when my Panny 53" arrives this Thursday(!) from Best Buy. [​IMG]

5. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

Jack,

don't sweat it man, if everything turns out fine then congrats. If it doesn't, then it is a lesson learned, and sorry to hear about your dog.

6. MichaelFusick

MichaelFusick Second Unit

Toshiba used to not honor warranties and not authorize HDX models for internet sales.

It's why Onecall does not sell HDX models via it's website.

You can't add and HDX to the basket...and buy it on the web, because Toshiba does not allow it.

Hitachi does not honor web purchases on RPTV's either...

Perhaps with extreme fighting you could get coverage, but why take the chance?

7. Jack

Jack Agent

Well,

Guess if the Toshiba is as good as they say I do not need to worry about a warranty hey?? I got the 5 year extended warranty through Philips so I think I am covered.

I am optimistic everything will be fine. I just wonder why no one in my town sold this model, the only dealer wanted MSRP and mentioned 60 days to order. Why doesn't a store like best buy sell this model. Oh well.. I could always use it as a paper weight hahaha..

I will let you know my buying adventures..

Oh thanks Juan R, Spuds was a good dog, lived a long life, and is now pain free, thats a good thing..

Jack