What's new

OK to buy a receiver from Butterflyphoto? (1 Viewer)

vern1955

Auditioning
Real Name
Veronica Holub
OK, youse guys have "convinced" (didn't take much), or rather confirmed, that it is indeed best to replace my 8-yr-old Yamaha receiver (see my post below).

I think I want to get the Yamaha 663. I saw it on butterflyphoto.com for a great price--I think it's $369 (compared to $485 at the local retail outlet, on sale). I assume this isn't "gray market"? And will the Yamaha warranty be honored? I think I heard/read somewhere in a blog that if it's not an authorized Yamaha dealer, the warranty is void?

Thanks,
Veronica

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Below is a list of authorized e-tailers from Yamaha's web site. Butterfly isn't on it. The warranty probably wouldn't be honored. Sometime other dealers offer extended warranties from third party companies but I don't think it's worth the risk.

Abt Electronics
Audio Advisor
Audioholics
B&H Photo
Best Buy
Best Price Audio Video
Crutchfield
J & R Music
Your Electronic Warehouse
Fry's
One Call
Diamond Case Designs
Electronic Expo
6th Avenue Electronics
Stereo Advantage
Tiger Direct
Vann's Electronics
Dell.com
Amazon.com
Buy.com
New Egg
Peach Direct
ANTOnline

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Web sites like Reseller Ratings will give you reviews of on line stores.

ButterFly Photo / DOD Marketing Inc. / outlookaq.com - butterflyphoto.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

Looks like ButterFly Photo had some problems in the past but is trying to improve things the last 6 months. It appears customers were either very happy or unhappy with their experiences. The red flag of caution is if a retailer is selling an item for significantly less than you can find anywhere else or if they have an new product no one else has,

However, they are not as bad as some of the New York Photo Stores that are a total sham operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HobbitGolf
Recent bookmarks