What's new

OK, time to talk about... Anaconda 2 ! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Yep, it's on the way. And apparently it's NOT going DTV. At least not as of right now....

The skinny:

Directed by Dwight (Free Willy 2, Halloween 4, Marked for Death, Rapid Fire, Murder at 1600) Little

Starring Johnny Messner, Morris Chestnut, Eugene Byrd, Peter Curtis, Nicholas Gonzalez and even more people you've never head of.

Sony aims to release it theatrically on 8/27.

First title: Anaconda 2: The Black Orchid
Second title: Anacondas
Third title: Anacondas: The Hunt for the Black Orchid
Fourth title: Venom (despite the fact that anacondas possess about as much venom as do Care Bears)
Fifth title: Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid

I guess they're gonna need some last-minute ADR to turn all the "Black Orchid"s into "Blood Orchid"s, but oh well. I bet it's a schlocky retarded hoot.

Bad, schmad; I just like seeing movies where people get eaten by giant animals. Is that so wrong?

Reliable Info Source: Greg's Previews at Yahoo!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Have you heard of the even more intriguing high concept vehicle - Snakes on a Plane?

Think about it - everything you need to know about a movie all in the title.

Here is what the potential director, Ronny Yu, had to say: Genius!

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Homeland? I've seen Zombie-ism depicted as a mystical force, as a virus, etc...but never as a nationality :)

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
I'm waiting for the "night of the undead zombie snakes on a plane" movie, myself. It won't be as good as Robert Townsends' "Attack of the Street Pimps" - but then, what movie is?

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
okay, seriously...are both of those movies being made? cause i would honestly go see them in the theaters, MST3K style. :b

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I liked it more when it was called Jason X...actually, I probably didn't like it more since I hated it. ;)

High concept films sell so well in Hollywood and usually do so poorly in the rest of the US. Snakes I'm sure did well at pitches because it is so high concept, the setup is immediately clear, the dramatic tension is obvious, the only problem is that they forget that unless they have something else to do with it you effectivly have the screenplay version of a one-hit wonder moment. But of course the producers just figure they can throw some cash at the script and work something up around it.

Sorry Scott, I can't join in your enthusiasm on these, not unless I found out that by some miracle someone decided to expand on these scenarios and make something truly interesting.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
They're greenlighting all this crap yet George Romero still can't get his 4th dead movie financed. :frowning:

Chris Rein

Stunt Coordinator
How about...

Anaconda 2: Snakes Don't Eat People

Tagline: "Oh They Don't?"

LOL!

John Voight was the biggest spare in this movie. What a gimp! It's Anaconda skin. Whee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Actually, Dwight Little directed the 4th halloween movie.

Rick Rosenthal directed Halloween 2.

I'd be interested in these only if the acting doesn't suck, and it's fun as a good action movie. Anaconda didn't totally suck, but if they end up like those video store giant snake movies... they're gonna suck...

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Snakes Don't Eat People...Snakes SWALLOW People! Then Regurgitate Them! Then Swallow Them Again!

A2

coming Summer 2005

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I actually really liked Murder at 1600 and Halloween 2. So there's a small chance this film will be slightly less crappy than the first (abiet a small, microscopic chance!!) :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I also quite like Halloween 2, but as Robert pointed out: Dwight Little directed Halloween 4, while Part 2 was Rick Rosenthal (The Birds 2, American Dreamer, Bad Boys (83).

My mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks