What's new

Ok, there's got to be something out there for $500 (1 Viewer)

JeanVanDam

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for a great receiver to power Rocket ELT's (not purchased yet), looked around and so far only found Onkyo, Denon, HK, Sony & Pionneer. Anybody can recommend a nice reciever for about $500 besides those brands?

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
Why don't you want those brands? H/K 525 or 630 and Denon 3803 are pretty good.

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator
Try accessories4less.com for Marantz receivers. The factory certified ones are cheaper with a 1 year warranty but they also have new units like the SR6300 at your price range ($50 more) with a 3 year warranty. Ive bought from them in the past and highly recommend it, great customer service.

JeanVanDam

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks! Besides sound quality, I'm also looking at appearance. Especially in silver, but there isn't much of a choice in that category.:frowning:

Ben LG

Stunt Coordinator
Some of the other brands you mentioned have silver units. The appearance was another factor I had considered when looking for a receiver. The Marantz to me are very nice and slick looking receivers even with silver gear, if you must match your components. As you already know the most important thing you should do is listen to it first, AC4L has a 30 day return policy so you can try it out in home and see if its to your liking. Their factory certified units are awesome too, I could not find one nick or scratch on two receivers I bought from them.

If you ask me I would pick take a Marantz receiver such as the 6300 ($550 new) over say a Onkyo TX-SR601S (silver) any day, I would not think twice about it just because of the color.

VinnieF

Auditioning
The Kenwood current VR7080 is silver and the upcoming VR8070 is also coming in silver. I was trying to get opinions on Kenwood in another thread. It seems they have pulled out of Circuit City and our available at Best Buy but in a limited amount. As far as appearance the VR7080 looks good in silver and has a cool silver blue electro-glow remote but I heard it sucks the batteries. It is hard to find solid user reviews of kenwood performance since they pulled out of Circuit City. I don't know if they will return with 2004 models or not.

HK also has slick looking silver receivers. As far as looks Yamaha to me is the worst with their 1980's remote and orange LEDS.

David Judah

Screenwriter
The Yamaha RXV-650 just came out. It comes with a microphone and an auto set-up feature for setting channel levels and time delays.

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks