What's new

Ok, so which star trek fans are excited? (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Real excited, Todd. Can't wait for this one.

(BTW, I added some info prior to the link you provided.)

AaronP

Stunt Coordinator
I lost my excitement for Trek when the old crew retired. And the TNG movies have NOT impressed me. Of the 3 movies, there have been 2 bad ones, and 1 above average flick. Not a great track record.

The facts of this new movie are:

The bad guys are yet again another all new alien race

The main bad guy is played by a no namer

And frankly, I can't stand the Enterprise E

This movie will surely be better than Insursuckion, but my hopes are not high for it.

BRING BACK KIRK!

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I love Romulans. Whenever they're around, cool stuff always happens. All of the TNG eps with Romulans were some of the best.

Perhaps this movie will be like the 6th: in that one, important progress was made to bring peace between the Federation and Klingons. The actions of the Enterprise may bridge a gap with the Romulans.

First Contact is better than most of original-cast movies, IMO. If the infamous "alternating quality" phenomenon holds, this movie should be quite a doozy.

Did I just say "doozy?"

Luc D

Second Unit
I'm not so sure about this one, I had a chance to read the script and if this is how The Next Generation cast says farewell then it will be a big disappointment. The story once again is basically 90% Picard and Data, the plot is hardly anything new and they even manage to rehash the same elements/themes from previous Star Trek films namely The Wrath of Khan and The Search for Spock

It certainly isn't as bad as Insurrection, but it just makes you think how much better, more imagenative and satisfying the 1 hour episodes were. But then none of the Star Trek films were really that good to begin with.

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
Not excited at all. Maybe I'll change my mind once I see a trailer, but if it's the same people that were involved in Insurrection, it'll probably stink.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Although I really enjoyed Star Trek: The Next Generation, I don't consider myself a big Trek fan. Quite frankly, I think the last few Trek movies have been just awful.
BUT - hopes springs anew with each new sequel, so I'll most likely be excited to see it. Plus it's gotta be better than the last one! :D

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
The name of the game is "protect the Franchise and keep the licencing and merchandising cash cow fat for milking (to the tune of billions)".
The Trek films have never and WILL NEVER come close to the cream of the crop or, in some cases, even to the middle-range of some of the TOS, STNG, or DS9 episodes.
Rehash after rehash after rehash. Whatever it is, they'll have done it before (usually more than once).
Nothing to get excited about.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I've always preferred any manifestation of TNG over the original ST (for the basic reason that the majority of actors don't seem to come from the Planet Ham). However, this one has Wesley in it. I don't care if Mr Crusher is only on screen for a millisecond, that is still enough for me to boycott this movie in the theatres. I'll buy it on DVD so I can fast forward through any bit with WC on it. I don't care if I miss a vital part of the plot in that way - it's still worth it to avoid him.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Scott Weinberg said exactly what I was thinking. I loved the series, but the movies have been less than spectacular. :frowning:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I started a thread titled Star Trek: Nemesis..Screenplay Observations By A Fan a few months ago with a very comprehensive review of the script. It is still active, although for some strange reason the thread in the movies section shows Chris as the author instead of me?:confused: It is also archived in the software section. I can't get the link to work unforunately, but if you perform a search for NEMESIS in the movies section or the software archive, it will come up.
I disagree very much with the Dark Horizons assessment of the script, since I think it was excellent and has the potential to be turned into the best Trek film yet.
The appearances of Wesley Crusher and Guinan will be no more than cameos, they weren't even in the final shooting draft I have.
So I say to all, reserve judgement until after you have seen the film. I for one think it's going to be great and I can't wait until this November when it Star Trek: Nemesis is released.:)

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Wesley is pretty definitely only a cameo; Wil commented on /. a while back about it basically happening after he was chatting with LeVar backstage at that celebrity Weakest Link thing they did a while back. He commented that he'd really enjoyed seeing the old TNG guys again, and that he would like to at least show his face in this one, as it would most likely be the last with this team, and LeVar passed the word on.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
I read the synopsis months ago. Liked it very much. Then I read the script. Didn't like it! This maybe the first Star Trek movie I don't see in the theater.

Jeff

Bill Crosthwait

Second Unit
I belive this is an "even" number Star Trek movie. "Nemesis" should be a good movie, after following the odd & even Star Trek movie history. I'll still go to see it the the theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks