What's new

OK, so the caveman returns, or how to buy mp3 player for daughter (1 Viewer)

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
good luck, imo its hard to find a bad one just depends what you really are looking for as far as features and what not.

Kevin G.

Second Unit
Ok, so...
The wife and I went last Sunday and bought the Creative Zen Nano, 1GB from Best Buy...
I was a little apprehensive at first, but talked myself, (and my wife), through it. At $129.00, I feel I got a decent deal, and was able to step up to the one gig without paying a crazy ammount for a 9 year old.
Well, tonite was her birthday, and she couldn't be happier.
(although, it took until bedtime for the caveman to load all the programs and subscribe to a site for her to download.)
I like the ease of using Windows Media Player to sync, but creative's own program is pretty easy too. You just gotta import to it from a music file, and you gotta know where the file is and yadda yadda yadda. (I wish you could get all the music and media files in one place...)
The sound quality is quite good, after you go through all the mini menus... The radio stations are so few and far between out here in the sticks, that all I had to choose from, was Country.
Well, suffice to say that the MRS. wants one; to walk with the new baby, to get her "body back" and my 6 year old asked for one for her birthday, and, well, the ol Caveman probably isn't far behind.
Thanks for all the help everyone,
and until next time....UG!!

edit: oh yeah, I did want to mention, that with all the backlash on the earbuds in the news, we forbade her from using those and just got the sony over the ear, old school walkman style.
She wont be the most fashionable in her grade but...

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Glad she's happy with the Zen. :)

What's this backlash from the earbuds you speak of?

Kevin G.

Second Unit
There was something in the news a couple weeks back about all these kids damaging their hearing with the earbuds jammed in their ears. ('course, we used to jam our ears up next to the speaker at ridiculous levels...eh?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks