What's new

Ok, problems with vr-509 kenwood receiver. need some help please. (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
Ok.

How come when i listen to movies the left speaker is more quiet then the center right speaker?

also,

during the THX OPTIMIZER in phantom menace, it would not register my subwoofer or any of the speakers in either there correct spots or at all, yet when i watch movies they seem fine, except the left one is kinda quieter for some reason..

All I have is a left speaker, right speaker, center speaker and a subwoofer.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Use the "Set up" button on your remote and set as follows:

SUBW-YES

FRNT-NML

CNTR-NML

SURR-NO

Then measure and set speaker distances, then run speaker test tones(start with left speaker on 0 and calibrate other spkrs to match), and you should be in business.

Are you using the subwoofer out jack instead of speaker connections??

todd stone

Screenwriter
Ok I figured out the problem. For some odd reason the default settings were

LARGE

and left speaker was 0, center was 8 and the right was 10

I have them all on 10. not sure if the center speaker is supposed to be different volume level then the rest...

Also, i put the distance 5ft away from where I sit.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
Todd: Don't just set them all to the same volume. You need to carefully listen (or best of all, as pointed out above, measure) them to make certain that they are all playing the test tone (from your 509) at the same volume.

Oh, and BTW, start your beginning point at zero for all of the speakers, NOT at ten. This will give you room to adjust up or down. Leaving the pre-amp levels so high could cause overloading of the amp stage with some sources.

(On my 509, my mains are at zero, center at minus three and the rears at minus three and the sub at zero. I used the volume adjustment on the sub itself to balance back to zero on the 509.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks